even though im a single mum?

Lucy Bronzes POV:
Dating is hard. However, dating when you have a 3 year old daughter is much harder. I was in a a very toxic relationship when i was 20, and i fell pregnant when i was 21. Amelias father didnt react very well when i told him, and he instantly told me he didn't want to be part of her life. I still decided to have my child, despite knowing id be a single mother, just grateful i'd even get the chance to be a parent. Not many people know about Amelia, just due to the fact i wanted to protect her from the media and i wasnt really sure how to tell people i was a mother. But she was my entire world. She saved me at a time in my life where everything was falling apart, and i loved her more than anything. Her smile was enough to turn a bad day good, and her little laugh sent butterflies into my stomach.

We we're currently on the way to my mums house, since i had planned to hang out with Keira. It was still early days in our relationship, and she still wasnt aware that i had a child. I was brought out of my trance, by my daughters voice.
'Mummy?' She asks me, from her car seat in the back. She had been relatively quiet this journey, so i was expecting her too pipe up soon. 'Yes baby?' I reply, using my mirror to look at her. 'Why dont i have a daddy?' She innocently questions, not realising the depth of her question. I was shell shocked, she had never asked me a question like this before, and i wasnt expecting her too anytime soon. I really didnt know where to start, and i couldnt find the words. 'You have a daddy, auntie Jordan has a daddy, so wheres mine?' She continues, probably getting impatient from me not responding. I have too pull over and park my car, to try and calm myself down. Unbuckling my seatbelt, i turn around and lean over to face her. Curiosity was evident upon her features, as she stared at me. I let out a sigh, before replying. 'Well, your daddy is currently travelling around the world, on a big adventure.' I lie, not having the guts to tell her the truth. 'Oh okay. Is he coming back soon?' She questions further, getting excited at the thought of having a dad. My heart sinks into my stomach, and i can feel myself starting to feel physically sick. 'Im sorry darling, I don't think so.' I admit, caressing her little cheek. 'Oh....' She replies, her mood seemingly down. 'Does that make you sad?' I ask, wondering how she was feeling about it all. She was too young to know all the details, but I couldn't pretend her dad was an amazing guy, because he wasnt. 'A little. Why does everyone elses dad stay and mine doesnt?' She continues, a bit deflated. 'Well, not everyone has a dad. Some little boys and girls have just a mummy, or just a daddy. Or some have 2 mummies, and 2 daddies. Everyone's family is different Am, but your allowed to be sad.' I tell her, trying my best to navigate this situation. 'Really?' She wonders, her eyes brightening. 'Yes baby.' I say, leaning forward to kiss her on the forehead. 'Okay. How long till we are at nanny and grandad?' She asks, completely unfased. She wasnt old enough to register the meaning of what i said, so i was happy she was able to move on and change the conversation topic quickly. 'Around 5 mins, come on then, lets get back on the road.' I say, starting up the car again, and continuing the journey to my mums house with my heart in my throat.

The plan was too pick Keira up at 6, but due to our little interruption I completely lost track of time. Our relationship was in the early stages, and she had only just turned 19, so i hadnt told her about Amelie yet, not wanting to scare her away, although i probably should've. I was brought out of my daydreaming by the sound of my phone ringing, picking it up and seeing it was Keira, and the time reading 6:15. 'Shit' i cursed to myself, answering the phone. 'Keira im so sorry i had to quickly stop by my mums house, im on my way now.' I ramble, scared ive fucked things up. 'No its okay, i just wanted to make sure you were alright.' She replies, evidently nervous. 'Yeah yeah im fine, im 2 minutes away.' I say, driving slightly faster than i was before. 'Okay, ill see you soon Luce.' She carries on, sounding slightly happier than she did when she first spoke. 'See you soon Kei.'

I sent her a text too let her know that i was outside, and less than one minute later she was walking down the pathway and opening the car door. 'Hey.' She smiles, closing the door. 'Hey, im so sorry about being late, I completely lost track of time.' I apologise again, guilt building up inside of me. 'No dont be silly, its okay. Your here now.' She reassures me, placing her hand on top of mine. She looked so beautiful tonight. Her hair was up in her iconic slicked back ponytail, mascara coated over her long eyelashes, and her cheeks a rosy red colour. 'You look amazing.' I blurt out, not really meaning to say it yet i do anyways. Her cheeks then turn into a deeper shade of red, and she cant stop the grin from appearing on her face. 'So do you.' She replies, our eyes not breaking contact. 'Should we get going?' I ask, wanting to be in the comfort of my own home, with the girl who i wanted to be around 24/7. 'Yeah, is it okay if i put my bag in the back?' She replies, and i nod in return. I begin driving, and shes taking a lot longer to move her bag than it should take. 'You lost back there?' I joke, letting out a slight laugh. 'No i- why is there a car seat in the back?' She questions, obviously very confused. Well shit. Didnt think of that one did i. 'Oh, um.. it was for my nephew, must've forgotten to take it out the car...' i mumble, saving myself. 'Oh, right.' She simply replies. I couldnt tell how she was feeling, but i wanted to get out of this situation as soon as possible. 'You can connect your phone to the car if you want, so you can play some songs.' I suggest, which she indeed does. The rest of the car journey was okay, i think I managed to get myself out of that one, but i knew i had to tell her soon before she became too suspicious.