i wish it didnt have to be like this (part 4)

Lucy Bronzes POV:
It was silent after us realising that maybe we hadnt made the correct decision to separate, the only noise coming from the hallway. I thought perhaps it was Narla, trying to get into the room, until i realised she was sat in her bed asleep. Theres only one other person it could've been.

Lily.

My daughter was quite mature for a 16 year old. When i was 16, i was getting into fights with my siblings, or staying out late playing football with Lucy Staniforth. I mean, Lily didnt have any siblings to pick fights with, but she was a very well behaved girl. Her life hasnt been the easiest, with an un-present father, to then Keira and I separating, so i was very lucky to have the well rounded young lady that i do. Everyday she made me prouder and prouder to be her mum, just her ability to sympathise with others highlighted her kindhearted nature.

'I think Lilys behind the door.' I whisper to Keira, loud enough so she can hear, but not loud enough so Lily could hear. 'Oh...' she replies back, looking towards the door. But before either of us could walk towards it, the door opened to reveal an overwhelmed Lily, who seemed to be out of breath? Strange.

'Lily?' I ask her, slight concern in my voice. She doesnt reply, she just seems to be breathing harder and harder by the second. 'Lil whats wrong?' Keira asks, walking towards her slowly, me not far behind. 'N-n-nothing.' She replies, very obviously lying. 'Take a deep breath.' I say to her, putting my hands on her shoulders. She puts one hand on her chest, and thats when i realise shes having a panic attack. 'I-i-i cant breathe.' She manages to say, before burying her face into my torso. 'Shhh shh shh. Its okay. Your alright. Ive got you.' I attempt to reassure her, wrapping my arms around her and using my hand to caress her back. 'Sit her down Luce.' Keira says, helping me guide my very upset 16 year old to the sofa. Keira sits on the other side of her, and places a hand on her knee.

'You know what helps me when i have a panic attack?' She says to her, before looking at me as if she needed permission to carry on. I just nod at her, trusting her completely. 'It's called the rule of 5. Point out 5 things you can see, smell, hear and touch. Just say them in your head. Can you do that for me?' She asks. Very slowly, Lily nods her head, frantically wiping her eyes. Keiras technique seemed to be working, as her breathing rate calmed down significantly, and the tears began to stop falling.

'What was that?' She asks us, leaning further into me. 'It was a panic attack Lil.' I hesitantly reply, scared of how she would react. 'Oh..' is all she came out with, obviously still in a state of shock. 'Has that ever happened before?' Keira asks her, concern filling her voice. Lily just shakes her head in reply, embarrassed. 'You dont need to be embarrassed infront of us, alright?' I remind her, wrapping my arms around her small frame. Its my job to protect her from all this, and I've failed. Its clearly affected her more than shes let on, and im ashamed that i didnt pick up on it. 'I dont want to pry, but what caused you to get so worked up?' I ask her, so i can hopefully help whatever's bothering her so much. 'I don't know.. i just.. please dont get mad but I overheard your conversation and i guess i... i just got overwhelmed? Its stupid really-' she begins, but is then cut off by Keira. 'Hey. Stop it. We'd never be angry at you for being upset, and its not stupid. Your feelings are valid. Its not just our lives that have changed, yours has as well.' She doesnt reply after that, she just looks down at her hands and i can feel her shoulders start to shake against me. 'Oh baby. Im so sorry.' I say sympathetically, holding her closer to me, my grip on her tightening. This was all my fault.

Lily Bronzes POV:
I don't remember falling asleep. Somehow ive ended up in my mums bed, inbetween the pair. They a both asleep beside me, so i slowly but surely sit up and attempt to recollect my thoughts. From assumption, one of them mustve carried me into their room from downstairs, but thats only a guess. Carefully, i slide out of the bed, and look at myself in the mirror. My mascara was beyond smudged, my face was stained with tears, and my eyes where bloodshot. As i bend down to reach a makeup wipe, i hear a faint 'Lily?' Come from behind me. Turning around, i see my mum sat up on the bed, looking a bit disorientated. 'Sorry, did i wake you up?' I ask her, feeling slightly guilty for disturbing her. 'No no, i wasn't really properly asleep anyways.' She replies, re tying her hair. 'Are you okay?' She then asks me, a bit hesitant. 'Yeah mum, im okay.' I answer, not lying, but not telling the whole truth. She turns her head to look at Keira asleep, who also has tear stains on her face. 'Let her sleep, she needs it.' Mum whispers, not taking her eyes off of her. 'So do you.' I also add, still worried about how deeply my mum is struggling with this whole situation. Her eyes dart to look at me, and i can faintly see them gloss over. I decide to drop the makeup wipes, and walk over towards my mum. My arms cant wrap around her fast enough, and i can feel her tight grip around my waist. 'Im so sorry Lily.' She apologises, over and over. 'Mum, dont apologise. It's not your fault.' I reassure her, trying to take some guilt off her shoulders. 'I didnt mean to scare you, i hate that i made you so worried.' She replies, evident that her guilt is eating away at her. 'Oh mum..' i say pulling away from her embrace, but not letting go. 'All i care about is if your safe and happy, but dont feel guilty. I know these last few weeks have been really hard on you, and i dont blame you for doing what you did. I guess it... numbs the pain your feeling. And its okay to not want to feel that pain anymore. But please, please promise me that if you are hurting you will talk to me, or if you ever need a cuddle or just some company, you will come to me. Im old enough to understand.' I say sincerely, praying my message will get across to her. After all i am her daughter, so i need to be there for her. 'What did i do to deserve such a kindhearted daughter huh?' She half jokes, tucking a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. 'You fucked my dad mum.' I say sarcastically, pretending to act serious before i let out a quiet chuckle. 'Oi! Language. God the cheek of it.' She laughs, tickling my sides. Im surprised Keira hadnt woken up yet, we weren't exactly being quiet.

I know I shouldnt, but i have a slither of hope that its not the end for my mum and Keira, and im so ready to prove it to both of them.

Authors note:
-guys.... im so sorry for the delay😭😭😭 honestly just had such bad writers block, im just had a splurge of motivation and just wrote half this chapter. anyways leave requests for what u want to happen next! also havent proof read (its overrated) so if you see any mistakes, no you didnt xx