every step of the way (part 4)

Lucy Bronzes POV:
Its safe to say that this pregnancy hasnt been easy on Keira at all. Shes has had to stop training due to the nausea and loss of appetite, which was causing her to loose an unhealthy amount of weight for someone growing a child. It really wasnt her fault though, every time she attempted to eat something her body would refuse it, and it was starting to take its toll on her. Everyday I became increasingly worried about her, which wasn't beneficial to anyone, as it was causing me to underperform in training. Its been tough for the both of us, and i was praying it would start to get better soon.

We where currently at the Man City training ground, and Keira was sat in the small stands wrapped up in about 5 layer's including a coat that swallowed her whole. Steph was injured, so she was sat with her, the pair of them watching the rest of us train. My eyes kept on glancing over at her, just to check that everything was okay, and she didnt look happy at all. I knew not being able to train was taking its toll on her, but i just had to remind her that it wouldn't be forever and it would all be worth it. When training finished, i walked over to where her and Steph where sat, and sat on the row of seats infront of her. She didn't even bat an eyelid at me, she looked almost angry. 'Ill talk to you later Kei.' Steph says, patting her hand on my shoulder as she departs. 'Whats wrong?' I question Keira, trying to gain her attention. 'Nothing.' She simply replies, still not looking at me. 'Well somethings wrong because you cant even look at me' i say, trying to pry it out of her. Her head then turns to look at me, and theres no emotion behind her eyes. 'I can look at you Lucy, dont be so dramatic.' She spits back, anger in her tone. 'What the fuck Keira? Have i done something to piss you off? Why are you being so cold with me?' I question, trying not to let the frustration in me turn into anger. 'Im literally not being cold with you, what are you talking about?' She replies, the anger evident in her features. 'Are you having me on? Is this some sort of joke?' I ask, hoping shes messing around with me. 'Is what a joke?' She asks, as if her behaviour is completely ordinary for her. Is there a stick shoved up her arse or something? Does she actually think that she's talking to me normally? I dont stick around to find out. I have to walk away from her before i either anger her more, or say something I regret, and i didnt want to do that. Part of me knew it wasnt really her talking, it was just her hormones getting the better of her, but the other part of me was upset and angry, that she thought it was okay to talk to me like that.

What really pissed me off was the fact she then proceeded to ask Georgia for a lift home. God was she that stubborn that she couldn't get in the car with me? I must've fucked up big time. She was already home by the time i made it to the house, so the front door was already unlocked. Walking in, i was greeted by our westie Narla, atleast she was happy to see me. 'Hey Narls' i say quite deflated, as i crouch down to give her my attention. Once ive said hello, i make my way into the living room and fall back onto the sofa, letting out a sigh and closing my eyes. I dont know how long i was sat there for, but i was broken out of my trance when i hear quiet sniffles that werent there before. My eyes open and im met with what looks like quite a devasted Keira. There are rings around her eyes and her skin was blotchy. Despite being mad at her, i couldn't just leave her there crying, I didn't want to leave her there crying. She was stood leaning against the doorway, and her eyes widened when she saw mine open. 'Keira? What's happened?' I ask, sitting up quickly from my position on the sofa. 'I thought you where asleep.' She says panicked, and begins to quickly wipe her eyes. 'You dont have to hide from me baby, come and sit next too me' i say sympathetically, letting her know i was no longer mad at her. She began to cry more as she walked over to me, and instead of sitting next to me she wrapped her arms around my neck, and began sobbing into my shoulder. My arms instinctively wrapped around her waist. 'Im so sorry Lucy' she sobs, her words getting choked up due to the intensity of her tears. 'Shhhh, calm down. Its okay Kei' i say, trying to calm her down. Her cries dont stop, infact they only get worse, and it began to worry me. 'Baby you need to calm down, your going to make yourself sick' i say, hoping she would begin to quieten down, but she showed no signs of calming anytime soon. 'Lay down my love, yeah, thats it.' I say, moving her so her head is rested on my lap. I use my fingers to comb through her hair, and my other hand rubs up and down her arm comfortingly.

Once she seems to have calmed down, i decide to break the comfortable silence between us. 'Talk to me, whats going on Kei?' I carefully ask, afraid to upset her once again. 'This is just so much harder than I thought it would be. Im not an idiot i knew it wouldn't be easy, but i dont think i can handle this.' She sniffs, not moving from my lap. 'Oh baby, you are strong enough to handle this, i promise you. I cant imagine the pressure you must be feeling, but i do know you can get through this.' My heart is breaking at her vulnerability, but i dont let her know that. I want her to be able to talk to me about these things, thats what im here for. 'I dont even know what came over me today. I was just- so so irritated and angry, not even at anything specific. I shouldnt have spoken to you like that, im so sorry. I immediately knew i fucked up when you walked away. Please forgive me.' She begs, getting choked up again. 'Its okay Keira, i forgive you, i kind of guessed you didnt really mean to come across like that. And im sorry for walking away. I shouldn't have done that.' I reply, which causes her body to relax further into the sofa. It was like the tension had just dissipated off her body. 'How can i make it up to you?' She asks, her voice small and fragile. 'Hmmm a kiss might do the trick.' I suggest, my tone playful. She immediately sits up and turns her body to face mine, a small grin on her tear stained face. Her lips then press onto mine, and i immediately deepen the kiss. I can taste her salty tears from her lips, which makes me want to kiss away all the built up pain she was feeling. When we part our foreheads rest against eachothers, and she closes her eyes. 'I think one more kiss will really seal the deal.' I joke, which earns me a breathy laugh. 'Dont push your luck Bronze.' She says playfully, her spirits clearly lifted. She will be okay, and if she isnt, i will be there to pick her up when she falls.

Author's note:
- ngl i didnt see this part going to way it did but oh well😭😭 any suggestions for this mini series that u guys would want to see? hope youve all had a good weekend, lots of love xx