even though im a single mum? (part 2)

Lucy Bronzes POV:
Watching my daughter interact with the woman i was growing to love had to be the best feeling in the entire world. The way Keira had accepted her as one of her own so smoothly just made me fall for her more and more. Amelia loved her as well, every morning she would wake up and the first thing she would ask is 'Is Keira coming around today?' And the answer was always yes. She was becoming a huge part in my life, as well as Amelias, and i couldnt be happier about it. Its also nice to have someone who can help with Amelia from time to time, as trying to do tasks like make dinner and do the washing were really hard when you also have a 3 year old to entertain. Keira loved to spoil her as well, her collection of toys growing rapidly, which Amelia loved.

Last night Keira had stayed the night, and Amelia insisted that we all have a sleepover. These sleepovers were becoming a frequent thing, but i wasn't complaining. The 2 girls were still fast sleep, Amelia cuddled up into Keira, and Keiras arm lightly wrapped underneath my daughter. The sight alone was enough to make my stomach flutter with butterflies, and the pair weren't even conscious. Soon enough, Amelia began to stir, which caused Keira to then awake. Amelia just cuddled further into Keira, and Keira opened her eyes to look down at her, lightly kissing her forehead then smiling at me. 'Morning' i smile, my body filled with love. 'Have you been watching me sleep?' She asks in her raspy morning voice, cuddling Amelia back. 'What makes you think that?' I smirk, causing her too let out a light chuckle. 'Shhhhh' Amelia says, not happy with the amount noise we were making. 'Oi, give your mum a hug.' I say, tickling her, causing her to let out a giggle that makes my day so much better. Once ive stopped, she jumps on top of me, causing me to grunt in return. 'Jesus Am, trying to kill me this morning' i joke, causing Keira to laugh. She then wraps her arms around my neck, and i hug her small body close to me. I then take one arm off her, to open it so Keira can join in, which she happily does. It was moments like these where i truly cherished what i had, and it made all those years of heartbreak and suffering worth it. 'Can we have breakfast?' Amelia asks, smiling against me. 'Sure baby' i reply, kissing her forehead before she runs down to the kitchen. 'She has too much energy for someone who's just woken up.' Keira jokes, rubbing her hands over her face. 'Tell me about it.' I say, rolling out of bed and putting a hoodie on, the chill of the morning getting to me. Keira also looks absolutely frozen, standing there with her arms wrapped around her frame, trying to create warmth. 'Want one?' I ask referring to the hoodie. 'Please.' She says, walking over towards me. I pass her one of my hoodies, and watch as she puts it on. 'Am i ever going to see that hoodie again?' I ask, raising an eyebrow. 'Hmmm, what do you think?' She asks, knowing shes going to steal it. 'Good thing it suits you then.' I wink, wrapping my arms around her. She immediately wraps hers around me, and melts into my body. We enjoy the moment together, soaking up each other's company, until we are interrupted by a 'MUM.' From downstairs, an impatient Amelia waiting for her breakfast. 'COMING.' I shout back, deafening Keira in the process. 'God, give a girl a warning next time.' She laughs, causing me to laugh back.

Once we are all in the kitchen, Keira walks straight over to the coffee machine, and makes herself a cup, which was well needed. Amelia had requested coco pops, which didn't surprise me as she always had them every morning without fail. I went for wheetabix, as i always had an appetite in the morning, the complete opposite too Keira. Keira then made her way too the bathroom, so that she could get in the shower. Usually, I would join her, however that wasn't possible this morning as i had a 3 year old to watch. 'Mummy can i ask you a question?' She asks, breaking the comfortable silence in the room. 'Whats up?' I ask, sitting opposite her. 'Is Keira going to be my mummy?' She asks, not understanding the depth of her question. 'Well, would you want her to be?' I ask, watching her play around with her coco pops. 'You said that some girls and boys have two mummies, and i love Keira a lot. She makes us happy.' She smiles, her innocence making my heart melt. 'She does make us happy doesnt she?' I beam back, happy my daughter is growing to love Keira as much as i am. 'Very happy. Does she love us?' She asks again. I know Keira loves Amelia, theres no doubt. But Keira and I havent actually said the three words too each other yet. However i know i do love her, more than i have ever loved anyone. 'She loves you very much Am. I have no doubt.' I reassure her, watching her stare into her coco pops, zoning out. 'You okay baby?' I ask, after getting no response. 'Would she want to be my mummy?' She whispers, as if shes scared. 'What if she decides to go travelling like daddy?' She continues, believing her dad truly was travelling. I didnt realise this was still playing on her mind. 'Oh baby. I promise you she's not going anywhere anytime soon.' I say sympathetically, walking around the table to pick her up and give her a cuddle. 'Promise?' She mumbles against me. I knew i shouldnt be promising something that i couldnt 100% keep, however i had faith in our relationship, and i just couldnt bare to break her heart anymore. 'I promise.'