surprise

Keira Walshs POV:
With Lucy being in France, its fair to say ive been struggling. I knew it was what was best for her and I would never want to hold her back, but god i miss her. Its hard waking up every morning without her laying next to me, and its even harder walking into training by myself. Id do anything to have one more morning with her, but i know thats unrealistic. Training has just been a drag lately, ive lost all motivation and im really fucking tired. Its starting to show in my performances as well, with me being dropped to the bench for the next game, which just made me lose even more motivation. I was sat on what use to be our shared bed, but now it was only mine, reflecting on the last few weeks and the upcoming weeks, and i was brought out of my thoughts when i started to hear my phone ringing. Picking it up and looking at the contact, Lucys name read. Letting out a sigh, i answer the facetime call, and im met with the face of my beautiful girlfriend. 'Hey baby' she says, a grin appearing on her face. 'Hey Luce' i reply, sounding more deflated than i intended too. 'Woah are you okay? You dont sound very happy' she asks concerned, her smirk dropping from her face. 'Im alright, just tired' i try to smile, not wanting to burden her. 'What happened.' She says with sincerity. 'What do you mean?' I ask, continuing to put up a facade. 'Whats happened to make you so deflated?' She continues as if its the most obvious thing ever. 'And dont say nothing because i know somethings up' i sigh and lean my head back against the headboard, closing my eyes. 'I got dropped to the bench for the next game' i mumble, slightly embarrassed. 'What? Why would you be dropped? Has something happened?' She questions, the concern in her tone growing rapidly. 'Just havent been performing well' I admit, playing with the string of what was Lucys hoodie, but i kind of stole it off her. 'Oh Keira im sorry, is something bothering you that's causing this?' She gently asks, afraid to upset me. I bite my lip, hesitant to tell her how much im struggling without her. 'Come on Kei, don't be embarrassed to tell me. I wont judge you no matter how silly it may seem.' My eyes begin to fill with tears, and i use all my strength to not let them fall. I wont let them fall. 'I just really miss you' i say, my voice breaking whilst doing so. Despite my best efforts, the tears fall anyway. All the bottled up emotions had become too much, and began to spill out of me. 'Baby dont cry, im so sorry it has to be like this' she says, guilt evident in her voice. 'No no dont be stupid Lucy. Im happy your living your dream, its just hard but ill get over it' i say, wiping my tears, plastering a fake smile on my face. 'Kei i promise ill come and visit soon, okay? I miss you so much, so so much. It wont be much longer.' She says reassuringly. 'And as for getting dropped, dont let it knock your confidence Kei. Your not a bad player, your just going through a bit of a tough time mentally, you will find your form again' she adds on, the worry in her features dissipating. 'I love you Lucy' i remind her, not remembering the last time i said it to her. 'I love you too baby. Try and get some sleep okay? I can stay on the phone until you fall asleep if you want.' She suggests. 'Luce you dont have too-' but she interrupts me before i can finish. 'Shush ya mush, i want to stay on call.' She half jokes, causing me to let out a chuckle. 'Okay' i whisper, setting my phone up on my side table and climbing under the sheets, her also doing the same. We sit in silence for a few moments, and just stare at each other. 'God i cant wait to hold you again.' She whispers at me, longing in her voice. 'Trust me, me too' i say, letting out a sigh, and closing my eyes. 'Night my love' is the last thing i hear before i fall into a deep slumber.

Lucy Bronzes POV:
If i knew Keira was struggling this much, i wouldve booked a flight home much sooner, but i guess now is better than never. I wasnt planning on telling her, i was going down the surprise route, if i could keep up the secret. Id already told Georgia, and she immediately wanted to get in on the surprise. So after much convincing, I decided to let her help. The plan was to hide in the changing rooms after she had training, and when she walks in just sit and wait until she realises im there. Shit plan but all that mattered was that i was going to get to see her again.

Currently, i was sat in the Manchester City training ground, in an office watching the girls train. It was strange to be back in this environment after so long, but i was glad to see some of my old teammates. However i couldn't keep my eyes off one particular person, and i think anyone and their nan could guess who. But god did she look drained. Every pass lacked energy, and every time she messed up her hands would drag down her face in frustration. I could hear a lot of what the girls where saying, but it was mumbled through the distance, however i very clearly heard a 'WALSH, SORT IT OUT' from the manager which absolutely infuriated me. I watch as Georgia walks up to her and wraps an arm around her shoulder, then kisses her temple as an attempt to comfort her. Im glad she had someone who cared about her whilst i was away. Training would be finishing soon, so I decided to make my way down to the changing rooms, and sat on the opposite side to where 'WALSH' was written above the locker. Soon one by one the girls flooded in, some surprised to see me and some in on the surprise, but it felt like years waiting for Keira to walk in. By the time she had, half the girls had already left, and she walked in with her head held low and her now empty waterbottle in her hands. I held my breath and held myself back from running upto her and embracing her in my arms. She was stood facing her locker, putting one foot up to unlace her boots then the other. Still she remained, facing the wall, retying her hair from her messy ponytail. Could she just turn around already. 'Keira, can u help me untangle my laces please?' Georgia asks as a ploy to get her to turn around. 'God sakes G, you need to learn how to do your laces properly. Im not doing it everyday-' she says whilst turning around, briefly making eye contact with me then looking at Georgia, then looking back at me realising what she was seeing. 'Surprise' i smile, standing up. 'What the fuck, oh my god Lucy' she whispers whilst running up to me and holding me so tightly i felt like I couldn't breathe. But i didnt care. She pulls away quickly and her eyes scan me. 'What are you doing here?' She rambles, shock filling her voice. 'Here to see my favourite girl obviously' i smirk. A huge smile grows on her face, and she's immediately back in my embrace. 'You didnt have to come, i know you have a game in a week and i dont want to-' but i cut her off before she can continue. 'Hey its fine i sorted everything out, stop stressing. And missing 2 training sessions is worth it if im here with you' i say, my hand reaching to the back of her hair. 'Im so happy your here' she whispers, her voice breaking whilst doing so. 'Everythings going to be okay now, its going to get better i promise' i say reassuringly, making sure she knows im always going to be there for her. She would always be my number 1 priority, and i would happily give up the world to support her.

Authors note:
- depressed after Lauras post. but see it like this, if that was a picture leah posted, no one would even suggest theyre dating. and keiras always been a private person, so it just seems weird that she would be soft launching now. its like we got so much wonze content on the weekend, then Keiras mum commented on Narlas recent instagram post, its so confusing lmfao. but the main thing is that they are both happy, which i hope they are. however i do think there is a stereotype surrounding wlw relationships, that being that if they are touchy with their friends that must mean they are in a relationship which is absolutely bonkers if you ask me. keiras like it with all her friends, watch next she will get shipped with another person😭 anyways as i said earlier, their happiness is most important above all, and if they are happy then im happy. anyways keep on leaving suggestions! xoxox