let me help you

Keira Walshs POV:
It was that time of the month. Again. Honestly it feels like im on my period more than im not, due to the irregularity of them. It was becoming a growing concern, but i was too scared to go and get it checked out. Lucys been begging me to go for months, as it's effecting my life and causing me to drop in form. Im always in pain. If its not my stomach, its my back, or my head, or my entire body. Today i had to pull myself out of training because i was in that much pain, and ive never missed a training session since I signed for City, so i was very disappointed in myself. Lucy was currently recovering from her recent knee surgery, meaning id have to drive myself home, which i was absolutely dreading. I have to take a deep breath when i get into the car, no matter what i take nothing eases the pain. It was becoming almost unbearable. Eventually i collect myself enough to begin driving home, the throbbing in my lower stomach only intensifying with every passing minute. Surely this is just what every woman goes through, no? Maybe i was just being dramatic.

20 minutes later:
After what felt like the longest drive of my life, i made it to the front door. My body was shaking due to the lack of food i had consumed earlier on in the day, causing me to feel really uneasy. I struggled to put the key through the door i was that shaky. Once I finally did, i opened the door and slammed it shut, immediately walking over to the living room and collapsing on the sofa. Lucy wasnt in here, I assumed she was in our bedroom asleep. My eyes shut as the pain just got worse. I physically couldnt move. This is awful. I dont know how long i was sat on the sofa, but after some time I hear movement in the room. 'Keira? What are you doing here? Training doesn't finish for another hour... are you alright?' Lucy asks me, walking over on her crutches and sitting down next to me on the sofa. 'I had to pull myself out of training' i say, my voice barely coming out as a whisper. 'Why? Whats wrong?' She ponders, running her hands through my ponytail. 'Im just in so much pain again' i mumble, putting my hands on my head. 'Its just getting worse as well, nothings helping.'
'Again? Baby maybe we should go to the doctors, this isnt right. Have you taken pain killers?' She asks me, her voice filled with concern. 'Yeah, probably too many' i half joke, half being serious. 'Not funny.' She tells me. 'Want me to get you a hot water bottle?' She can barely walk and she still wants to take care of me. 'Its alright, ill do it in a bit' i say looking up at her. 'Keira dont be silly, im sure i can manage doing it' she smiles at me. Oh i love her so much. 'But your knee-' she interrupts me before i can finish. 'Is fine, my knee is fine. Let me do this for you its the least i can do' she says, kissing my head then going to make up a hot water bottle. In the mean time, i bring my knees up to my chest and rest my head on my knees, as an attempt to ease the pain, but it doesnt really help. This was horrific. A few minutes later Lucy hobbles over and places a hand on my shoulder, causing me to lift my head, and she hands me the water bottle and sits down next to me, elevating her knee. I shift so im laying down in her lap, my knees tucked into my chest. I can feel the burning of the hot water bottle against my skin, which was slightly distracting me from the pain, but not a lot. 'Try and get some sleep baby, you might feel better after' Lucy suggests, probably the most sensible idea. I hum in return, and she takes my hairband out of my hair and plays with my hair, which is enough to send me off to sleep.

Lucy Bronzes POV:
Seeing the person you love in pain has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world. Even in her sleep she kept shifting uncomfortably, the discomfort evident on her features. This was becoming a reoccurring thing, every month. Ive told her to get a doctors appointment but she never listens, she's probably scared which is understandable, but it cant continue like this. The fact she had to pull out of training as well must mean shes in a fair bit of pain. I feel helpless, theres nothing i can do other than be there for her right now. Every so often i can feel her shift around on my lap, and it was becoming more and more frequent. She eventually woke up, and carefully sat up, and walked out of the living room without saying a word. Due to my knee, i couldnt just get up and follow her, so i called out to her as i got up on my crutches. 'Kei, where are you going?' But i got no reply. Soon enough i hear the door to the bathroom shut. I just assume shes going to the toilet, but then i hear gagging noises. I rush over to the door as fast as my crutches would allow, and knock on it. 'Kei? Can you unlock the door?' But i get no reply. 'Baby let me help you' i plead, but still no reply. I can hear her faint cries through the door, and then hear the sound of the toilet flushing. When the door opens, i allow my crutches to drop to floor and wrap my arms around her. I can feel my shoulder growing wet, and her small frame trembling in my embrace. 'Shhh its okay, its okay' i coo, rubbing my hand up and down her back as an attempt to soothe her. 'I cant deal with this anymore' she admits. Its not often she admits defeat, so she must be in absolute agony. 'I know, i know. I really think now is the time to go and see a doctor, maybe we can get some answers and they can help you' I suggest for the millionth time, but this time she nods against me. 'Okay, we can sort that tomorrow. Lets get you to bed now, so you can get some proper sleep.' Its hard helping her with me being hardly able to walk, but i hobble over to the bed anyways, and help her get under the duvet. Its not long before i slide in as well, careful not to bend my knee, and take my hair out of my bun. Keiras currently facing away from me, so i pull her closer to me and place the hot water bottle on her stomach and hold it there for her, my other arm pulling her closer to me. She holds my arm thats wrapped around her with both hands, and lets out a shaky breath. 'Thank you' i hear her mumble, so quiet that i almost didnt hear it. 'You dont need to thank me, ill always be here to look after you' i remind her. She kisses my arm and pushes herself further into me. 'Im not hurting your knee am i?' She asks, hesitant. 'No baby, my knee is fine. Stop worring and go to sleep.' Shes in so much pain yet shes still concerned for me, and thats why i love her. Her compassion is admirable, and is something that society today lacks. I was so incredibly lucky to be with such a kindhearted soul, and i would do my best to make sure she gets the treatment she deserves.

Authors note:
- not a fan of this tbh but i wanted to update😭 please keep on leaving requests, enjoy your weekend! <3