this was a mistake (part 2)

Keira Walshs POV:
We had just kissed. For the first time in 5 years we had just kissed. What the actual fuck. And the crazy thing is that I initiated the kiss. Where the sudden confidence to make a bold move like that came from i dont know, but im glad i did it. She immediately reciprocated the action, as if nothing had changed. After all these years im still drawn to her, proof i had never gotten over our relationship. 'Come on, its freezing out here, lets go back inside' she says standing up and reaching her hand out towards me, which i gladly accept. The grin on my face was fixed, i couldnt stop it even if i wanted to. 'Ive missed that smile' she says admirably, not breaking eye contact with me. My cheeks flush red, i can feel them heating up with every growing second. We walk back into the venue and let go of each others hand, which did disappoint me slightly, but it was expected. We wherent actually together anymore, but after that kiss it felt like nothing had changed. All my anger that had kept building up over the years dissipated, and all i could think about was how i never want to lose her again.

We walked over to Georgia and Leah, who was accompanied by Jordan. Despite her not being apart of the Euros squad, she was still invited due to her being with Leah, and its not like she was never in the squad. 'Hey guys' Leah says, grinning up at us. 'Whats got you so happy?' Keira laughs, sitting down in the booth next to her. I decide to sit opposite her, to get a better look at her. Its been 5 years since i last saw her, yet she still looked extactly the same. Time is a funny thing, and these last few years had gone incredibly slow in comparison to the years i had spent with her, and i never want to experience something like that again. Im drawn out my chance by Leah, saying 'Im just happy we are all together again, its been too long' and was she right. It had been way too long. 'I know Le' Kei says with a sad smile, glancing over at me then turning her attention back to Leah. 'Hows Barcelona then Keira?' Jordan asks. Ive been keeping up with my old teams games, and they've been smashing it. Unbeaten in the league and the champions league, absolutely incredible. Keira even scored the winning goal in the last champions league final, seeing her celebrate how she did reassured me that she was okay without me. However, when she was asked the question, her demeanour changed, from relaxed to tensed. 'Um yeah its alright' she says hesitantly, then completely changes the topic. 'Can we get some drinks?' And suddenly shes walking away from us all. 'Im gonna help her with the drinks' i tell the others, and get up to follow her. Once i reach her at the bar, she lets out a breath and turns to me. 'Shots?' she asks me, my eyes widening. 'Since when has Keira Walsh been a fan of shots?' I ask her. 'A lot can change in 5 years Bronze' she winks, but i know theres a deeper meaning behind it. We get the shots and she pays for them. 'Cheers' she mumbles under he breath, and seems completely unfased by the liquid. 'Is this water? Drinks in Spain are so much stronger' she says, talking to herself. 'Are you okay?' I ask her, confused at her sudden change in behaviour. 'Yeah, why wouldn't i be?' She says as if its the most obvious thing in the world, with a fake smile plastered on her face. 'You dont have to pretend infront of me.' I say over the loud music, placing my hand on her arm. She looks down at it, then brings her other hand to place it on top of mine. 'I know, and im not. Come on lets go and dance' she says walking away from me. I stay frozen on the spot. She stops when she realises im not following. 'You coming or what?' She shouts turning around. Im once again broken out my trance, and end up letting her lead us out to the dance floor.

3 hours later:
Most of the girls had left, but we had all decided to go out for a meal at the end of the week, before we all went back to our regular lives. I didnt want tonight to end. I would be apart from Keira again until the end of the week, and if she was going back to Barcelona after, god knows when id see her next. The thought of being apart from her again kills me. I dont want to go through it. 'Luce, i think im going to head back now..' she says to me, disappointed stricken upon her face. 'Oh.. where are you staying?' I ask her, wondering how shes getting back. 'Just at my friends house' she replies. 'Do you want to come back to mine?' I blurt out, not meaning to say it. 'Yours? You live here?' She asks me shocked. 'Yeah i have for a few months... i really dont mind you staying the night' I encourage. 'I dont want to intrude Lucy-' but i cut her off before she can finish. 'Nonsense, you wouldnt be intruding at all, you can borrow some of my clothes as well. Please?' I practically beg. Theres so much i want to say to her and not enough time. 'Okay' she whispers, smiling at me. My face reflects hers, and i call a taxi for us.