Chapter 6.

Nameer's POV.

To my surprise dad did not complain at all,he didn't ask why I came late so as Inna.

Dad apologized for organizing me and Khadija's wedding without everyone's concent and a proper introduction was done between our family and Khadija's family.
Khadija's parents preached to us alot
and to Khadija and fareedah to love each other like sisters.

But can that be possible?.

Khadija and fareedah were asked to sit close to each other.
Inna did most of the talking and she finally embraced Khadija as a daughter in-law in the family.
I was so happy seeing that.
I didn't even waste my time to know what or how fareedah feels at all.
I was so happy, each and everyone showed love to my one and only, Khadija.

****Later in dad's room.

"Nameer  I was so disappointed in you,did I train you to be like this?"

"Do you know fareedah is your sister,there's no one that can love you the way she would or does, Because the same blood runs in both of you, I don't want to hear what you said to fareedah that other day again ,okay"

I see,she must have told him or Muhammad must have.
You know what why didn't they even betroth her to Muhammad ,like....

"Look I don't mean Khadija doesn't love you,but you have to love them equally nameer".

"But....."
"No buts....nameer you won't understand the way I feel right now,I broke the promise I made to my one and only dead brother,he left his only daughter in my custody but I....I was not...."dad was trying to say but the tears that started dropping from his eyes made him shut.

"It's okay baaba please don't cry, InshaAllah everything will be fine ,I will try my best dad"I said trying to make him feel at ease,but deeply I know I can create a spot in my heart for her,I can only love her as my sister yes,but we can't share that marital bond.

"Nameer"dad called out to my name with his teary voice.

"Please don't fail to fulfill your promise,I failed to fulfill mine to my brother, Please love Fareedah ,don't ever make her regret why her parents are not alive"he said crying like a baby.

Dad loves his brother so much ,but why did he allow me get married to Khadija even though he knew Fareedah was betrothed to me.

"Shush dad ,i will okay,now stop all this tears ,you are meant to be happy today since you've fulfilled your promise ,am sure uncle Muhammad and Anty hajara will be smilling from where they watching us"

"Do you think so "
"Yes baaba , you've really taken good care of fareedah since childhood, you've even loved her more than the way you love me"

"No son,I love you all"baaba said and immediately the door handle slammed.

"Are you people still not yet done"Inna said coming in and she sat next to baaba

"Tears?"she asked dad cupping his face.

Immediately dad embraced her for a hug.
And he started to cry.
It has been long I saw him like this.

"Abdullahi it okay ,stop this your crying in front of your son"

"Inna .....I don't deserve to be happy at all ,I broke the promise I made to Muhammad and hajara the day they laid to rest,I don't even know how to...."

"Abdullahi humans make mistakes okay,and look You've make up for your mistake okay and in Islam it's not Haram to marry more than one wife right?"

What is this woman saying ,I hope she has not betroth me to another girl again ....

"And am sure you want to see nameer's happiness that was why you allowed him to marry the girl of his choice"she added looking at me .

"And nameer"she called my name smilling at me ,for the first time after many months.

I use to be her favorite Because am her first grandchild  but now she loves Fareedah more than her own children.

" come to me"
Without hesitations I sat close to her and hugged her tight.
I have Missed this side of my grandma ,she's just the best, she's a mother and a grand ma to me, I love her so much but attimes she just so .....

"I missed you grandma"I confessed and she bursted into laughter.

"I miss you too my baby boy ,if  I didn't act like that ,you both won't understand that you made a grieve mistake, trying to break a promise you made to a dead person "

"Nameer ..."she said holding my hand.

"Promise me you'll take good care of your wife fareedah and also Khadija ,love them equally as the prophet SAW teaches okay"

"InshaAllah"was all I could say.
But the truth is that I can't treat them equally.

******
After the discussion me ,dad and Inna joined everyone in the living room.
They were so happy.
Most of all I was happy seeing Khadija talking with my auntie's .
Laughing and at once I could see how happy she was right now.

I smiled and sat on one of the sofa close to me.

"The groom is here"I could hear one of my auntie's say but I don't know the specific one.

Immediately me and Khadija's eyes met I winked and her and I could see how she was blushing right now.

The remaining wedding event ,that was budan Kai occured and the last was conveyance of the bride.

I told them from the beginning I never wanted a dinner party.
I don't want the wedding to be spicy , because if it does on social media people will say alot.
And I know the kind of fragile person Khadija is ,most of all she's a social media type.

Assalamualaikum everyone 🥰

I hope you enjoyed it.
What do uh see coming.....

Please don't forget to help your girl to vote, comment and share.
Love you all❤️
Bye
© Najaatuzubairu.