chapter 12.

Fareedah's POV

The noise coming from outside woke me up from sleep.

I woke up terrified saying "inalilahi wa Ina ilayhir rajiun"

I turned my gaze to the window, that was when I realized the day was breaking.

I gently came down from the bed and moved closer to the door to know where the noise was coming from,but I didn't hear  the noise again.
Maybe It was a dream,I assumed.

I looked at the time on the screen of my phone.
It was almost 7am.
SubhanAllah!
I haven't prayed.
I quickly went to the toilet ,performed Ablution and observed my salat.

Nameer's POV

Since Khadija refused to open the door,I went back to the living room.

"What kind of problem is this,am just tired,what on earth will I do to prove to Khadija I  can never cheat on her"
"She's just blindfolded with jealousy!"

I think I should just go and check on her ,I don't care what Khadija thinks since she can't believe I can't compare her with another lady.

I climbed the stairs and Stopped at the front of fareedah's room,turned the door knobs but it was locked from inside.
I went back to the tv drawer and Carried the bunch of spare keys.
I came back and open the door.

The quietness was already getting me  scared,"did something bad happen to her"I asked myself, knowing she can harm her self because of me.

I moved in properly and first looked at the bed but it was empty and scattered.
My heart was already beating as fast as never
My first thought was Inna's problem, she's going to almost kill me if anything is to harms fareedah.

I turned my gaze to the right side of the room and my eyes landed on her ,she was praying.

"Alhamdulilahi"
I took a deep breath of relief, immediately our eyes met I quickly kept my face straight.

"Good morning ya nameer"she greeted me.
Her English almost made me laugh but I managed to control myself.

"Morning"I simply replied,and left.

I bumped into nudrat at the door.

"Ouuch"she said after our head clashed.

"Sorry sis,are you okay"
"Am fine bro,so how was your night huh"she said winking at me before slapping my shoulder,and then dragging my cheeks with her hand .

I gave her a furious look that gave her the answer to her stupid question.

"Allah ya kiyaye ,me and that thing sleep in the same room"I said with disgust.

I tried going back to check on Khadija but she was not replying nor did she open the door.
Then,I went back to the parlour ,and met two big warmers on the  table.

Hmm Anty naanarh ,I know it's her hand work, I love that woman so much....am famished ,I have to eat something now.

I was about going towards the kitchen with the warmers,when I heard nudrat's voice.

"Yaa nameer meyafaru (what happened),where are you taking the warmers to"
I looked at her and looked at the warmers ,then I looked back at her ,she was holding fareedah's hand firm.
It seemed she forced her to follow her.

"Don't just look at me Yaa nameer ,Anty naanarh said it's for fareedah not for you"

"So .......am fareedah's husband and am sure she won't even eat it,not  until she makes sure I have eaten "I said not knowing where the words were coming from.

"Hmmm I see you both turned Romeo and Juliet over night huh"she said with a dirty look.

"Say whatever you want ,just come down from that stairs go to the kitchen and serve us"

"Ohh wow I see , bossing me around suit yourselves am gone the driver is waiting"nudrat replied after coming downstairs .
"And my regards to Anty Khadija when she's up"

I quietly went to the kitchen to get two plates and cups because am sure it will be akara and pap,I know she's also hungry,maybe she cried all night
But why am I worried.

No am not!!!.

When I returned to the parlour ,I met her still standing.

"Fareedah"I called out her name after a deep breath.

She raised her head immediately and looked at me with a smile on her lip.
Why do she seem happy ?.....just because I called her name???...

She was wearing a long  pink hijab ,that matched her fair skin.
Her eyes were kind of red,and dark it seemed like she just finished crying.

"Come sit let's eat"I said after checking her out.

She didn't say anything,all she did was sit close to me,as I served us in different plates.

I started eating mine ,not until I realise she has not started eating.

"What's wrong , aren't you hungry"I asked dropping my plate on the table.

"Am just amazed"she said with her faulty English with fear.

I smiled knowing what was on her mind,I myself was amazed.

"C'mon eat "I said after our eyes locked,she's so small , young,and beautiful MashAllah I had to admit it.
I started pitying her after looking at the dark circles on her face.

The next thing was tears I saw dropping on her hijab.

"Please don't cry fareedah , come on open your mouth"I said moving one pieces of the bean cake close to her mouth.

"Am for real take it "I said with a faint smile.
She opened her mouth and was about to collect it.

"Good girl..."

"Na ....na ....nameer"I heard Khadija's voice from nowhere.

I shifted my gaze from fareedah,and my eyes met with Khadija's.
She broke into tears,and ran back towards the stairs.

"Ohhh ...shit!!!"I said dropping the bean cake on the floor, following Khadija.

Assalamu aliakum guys
How are you all doing?
I hope you are all fine.
Happy new year ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I wish you all a fruitful year ahead.

So what do you think about this chappie.

Comment👇

Bye
© Najaatuzubairu.