Day 17: Flower

The fields were quiet and peaceful. Birds flew around and rabbits happily ate the grass by the hill. Everything was quiet...except for...

'WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!'

Two rabbits snapped their heads up as they heard the excited child before hopping away, terrified. A few moments later, a lavender haired boy appeared on top of the hill, a huge smile on his face. He wobbled around, clearly looking for something.

'Robbie...wait...for me...' Chase Brody breathlessly called out as he closely followed. He then stopped once he could see Robbie and stood up straight, placing his hands on his back. He had happily accepted the offer of babysitting Robbie for Anti and had asked the child what he wanted to do today.

'Go to big park!' Robbie had squealed excitedly, referring to the nearby hilly field. Chase had smiled and agreed; Anti, however, had looked alert.

'The kid's fast on his feet so take ya running shoes' Anti had warned Chase. Chase had brushed it off.

Chase was an idiot.

As he heard the child squealing happily, he looked down at his second-hand, torn up shoes and gritted his teeth: he should've listened to the glitch demon.

'Cheese! CHEESE!' Robbie suddenly squealed, his footsteps getting louder as he got closer.

Chase chuckled as he watched the child, 'It's Chase bud.' He then noticed Robbie had his hands behind his back, 'Oh? What you got there?' he asked softly.

Robbie giggled excitedly then showed Chase his find: it was a bunch of living and dead dandelions, 'FLOWER!'

Chase blinked then smiled softly, 'Aw, they're pretty. Are they for me?'

Robbie nodded, swaying a little, and gently shoved the flowers into the ego's hands, 'Uh huh! Coz flower is nice and you nice' he squeaked.

Chase took them carefully, then smiled warmly, before ruffling Robbie's hair.

'Robbie, thank you. These are lovely' He then had an idea and smiled widely, 'tell ya what: when we get home, we can put these in a vase.'

Robbie's face brightened, 'In the food room?!' he practically screeched, referring to the kitchen. Seeing Chase nod, he raised his arms above and squealed happily before running off again.

'YAY! WAIT! I go get more!' He squealed as he ran.

Chase chuckled, but then blinked as he realized he'd have to catch up to the child. He then huffed but smirked.

'Robbie, wait for me!' Chase called out before running after the excited child once again.