Day 31: Happy Halloween

PLEASE NOTE: This is a continuation of 'Day 10/11' story

Mark whistled as he put the keys into his pocket and opened the gates to the Dark Ego Department at Youtube. It was Halloween night, and all the dark egos were allowed to leave their sector for one night only; this was a rare public event, especially since another nightguard had gotten killed. Immediately Mark's boss knew who the culprit was but wouldn't tell him; it was only his first week after all. But it did worry him that this appeared to be a regular and completely normal occurrence; his boss just seemed mildly annoyed at 'Franks' death.

Mark sighed as he looked out into the Dark Ego Department, then pushed a button on the outside of the gates. A loud shrill beep rang out, followed by multiple metal clanks and he suddenly felt nervous: the sound was all the dark ego's room doors opening. As he watched from the gates, no one moved for a while. But then he heard it: the manic giggling of Antisepticeye, followed by the piercing high pitched whistling from Darkiplier. Mark frowned and blocked his ears before stepping to the side, to let them all through into the main area. He tightened his grip on the cattleprod that he had been given.

'Just in case anything happens' his boss had casually told him when he had given the lady a confused look.

He looked into the main area and saw the nervous looks of the other egos: Nightguard Dawko was trying to hide, Dr Schneeplestein's face was pale but stern as if he was ready to fight and Patton...well, Patton always looked pleased to see a new face.

Mark smirked then exhaled, mentally preparing himself for the night ahead. As he heard the first set of footsteps coming closer, he silently prayed that tonight would go smoothly.