Lucina x Injured! Reader || Identity Revealed

———

As a shepherd protects a flock, I — alongside Prince Chrom and his younger sister, Lissa — defend our world from evil, ensuring the safety of the innocent and exploring the world to do so. I knew our mission full and well and had kept it close to my heart ever since I joined the Shepherds. Never once had that vision of a bright, sparkling future ever falter... Until one fateful day, it did.

Chrom had picked up a homeless, amnesiac tactician from an empty field despite his retainer's, Frederick's, firm protests. Robin, she said her name was, though couldn't recall a thing about herself or where she was from.

Immediately, Chrom saw the potential and advantage of having a skilled individual who could plan out our battles and pressed her to join the Shepherds. Despite claiming not to remember anything at all, Robin soon became a very fond person in the Prince's life, and we began our first expedition with her in tow.

We were trekking through a forest after hearing of a disturbance there, unaware of a pair of eyes watching us. Not even I felt it as we strolled deeper into the lush woods.

"I doubt there's anything really out here, right?" I ask, twirling my sword in my hands for something to do in the silence.

"Better to be on guard." Robin deadpans.

Frederick nods. "For once, I agree with you."

I was about to hastily respond with a witty comeback, but the words failed to leave my throat. The ground beneath me began to violently tremble. In the distance, several trees fall, crashing to the ground and startling a group of birds that promptly soared away.

Before we could make a move, however, a blinding flash of light made the five of us look away, eyes burning from the searing illumination of something I just couldn't make out in the sky. Out of the mysterious and sudden light come a few vaguely human-like soldiers who brandish weapons.

"Who are they? What are they?" I sputter, gaze darting between Chrom and the creatures as they growl in a low, almost animal-like rumbling tone. They appear waiting for the right moment to strike, standing low to the ground.

"Everyone," Chrom shoots out a hand, telling us to pause. "You'd better stand back."

"And you're going to fight them?!" Lissa protests.

"Do you have a death wish? We don't know what they are capable of doing!" Frederick adds.

The prince shakes his head, readying his sword. The first, closer of the two, bounds forward, and they quickly engage in combat — each not letting up for a moment. I held my breath, not daring to blink in order to not miss a second of their battle.

At last, Chorm takes a chance and plunges his sword through the creature's stomach. It turns his head around fully and I hear Lissa let out an ear-splitting scream from beside me as it seemingly recovers and leaps forward to attack her older brother again.

He skillfully blocks the move and continues the fight, but a rustle from nearby somewhere causes me to swivel around in alarm.

"(Y/N)!" I hear Robin gasp, and two more of the dead-looking men jump out from the shadows.

I don't even have time to react, paralyzed under their unblinking, blazing crimson stare, as they corner me and unsheath their weapons. The blade I held slid between my fingers and clattered to the ground, leaving me defenseless.

I felt that if I moved an inch, they'd also move closer, so I merely held their eerily viridian gaze that glowed through the night.

That was likely a mistake.