Fem! Alear x Reader || Recollections

———

The very first thing I saw when I woke up was a pair of eyes – one a startling crimson that shone like a ripe strawberry, and the other was a stunning cobalt blue that left me awe-struck. They were mismatched and perfect. They were balanced and complementary.

"Are you alright, there?" Her voice rang out like a goddess, and when my vision focused, I noticed her floor-length, cape-like hair was in the same odd shades as her eyes. A silver crown was atop her head, and something inside my mind told me was royalty... no, she was an all-powerful deity of some sort.

I carefully sat up, tearing away my gaze from her for a brief moment to cautiously observe my surroundings. A field. It was vast and empty almost as far as the eye could see, albeit that it ended abruptly when a forest began. The sun was halfway through the sky, and the birds sang around me, but I couldn't seem to have a grasp on what this place was.

"Hey, can you talk?"

I dart back to the sapphire and ruby girl who knelt beside me. "Yes." Something clicked inside my brain. "You're... the Dragon... um, Alear."

She offers me a wide, genuine smile, but something in the pit of my stomach turns cold and chilled. "And you are?" Alear asks patiently.

"I... do not know. My apologies." I mumble, glancing over at a knight who stood behind Alear.

"You know the Divine One's name but not your own?" The armored man said, piercing, rightly skeptical glare aimed at me. "You are but a thief, a liar, a nuisance. Divine One, I advise you to leave the child at once."

"Vander, how could I?" She protests, helping me stand. Once I'm stabilized on my feet, I examine her bodyguard's firm expression. Something about this seemed off. Alear turns towards me. "I feel a connection already. As if... I knew you before my memories vanished. We are alike, you know. I have no ability to recall the events from long ago before I awoke from my resting place in the sky."

"I see..." I murmur. "And where are we, exactly?"

"The land of Elyos, which is split into four main regions. As of right now, we're on an island at the center, Lythos." Alear explains kindly.

"Divine One," the man referred to as Vander exasperatedly continued to insist, "Look at this one's attire – it's that of another world. In fact, it strongly resembles the Fell Dragon and his worshiper's symbols."

Alear pauses with a frown. "Oh, Vander. Please, it's alright. I sense no hostility from... wait, I never got your name. Are you sure you don't recall it?"

"Oh! (Y/N), it was (Y/N). Funny, it just came to me now..." I trail off at the sight of Vander's scowling expression that was harsh enough to kill.

"And what a lovely name it is!" Alear clasps her hands in delight, but her raw and innocent enthusiasm seems foreign to me. Everything about her screamed familiarity, but her positive attitude baffled me.

Was it possible I knew her before I lost my memories? Alear mentioned that she similarly doesn't recall anything before her awakening. There was no way that was a coincidence, right?

Before I can voice my concerns, a pounding in my head causes me to wince. The aching spreads and I squeeze my eyes shut. When I realized what happened, my hands were pressed against my ears and I was crumpled on the ground like a piece of crushed and discarded origami paper.