Lysithea x Reader || A Haunted House Date

———

"Thank you again for bringing me on this date, (Y/N). This has been positively spectacular so far." Her voice, which was unusually mild for her at the moment, is muffled from behind a massive cotton candy that she miraculously balanced on the flimsy cardboard stick. Her dazzling pink eyes were so absorbed with the spun sugar sweet that I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.

I, at a much slower pace, work at eating my own cotton candy, answering pleasantly, "It's my pleasure, Ly."

As we walked down the lanes dividing up perilous rides and vibrant stalls, we thoroughly enjoyed all that the amusement park had to offer. We'd tried everything from the wide variety of candies and ice creams to the twisting roller coasters that weaved throughout the entire space. The thing as a whole was breathtaking, and it was even more amazing to share the experience with Lysithea in honor of our annual anniversary.

We'd been an official couple for an entire year from today, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than to spend the day with her, especially at a stunning place like this.

While she was reluctant to accept my no budget offer, once she spied the carts filled with sweets as far as the eyes could see, she was immediately enamored at the prospect of nearly limitless sugared goods.

My wallet's supply was surely going to be in the red for a long while after today, but I shrugged it off without a second thought. Seeing her bright eyes light up with excitement at each attraction was more than enough to fill me with glee as well. It was rare to see straight-faced and independent Lysithea so carefree and beaming. On a day-to-day basis, she preferred to be the one smartest one in the room, since she was usually the youngest.

When she let loose on occasion, it was truly a sight to see.

"What are we doing next?" Lysithea asked, her eager demeanor bringing a smile to my face. She was already almost done devouring her cotton candy, which was impressive since the thing was huge when she started eating.

"Whatever you'd like." I grinned. "You're the princess today, Lysithea."

To that, she frowns slightly. "You've already purchased everything so far, and eaten everything I'd liked to, and done everything I've wanted. You should choose something too, (Y/N)."

"True, true." I paused for a moment, uncertain. "What should I choose...?" Scanning the amusement park as we walked and ate, I was happy to find it didn't take long for me to find something that caught my attention.

"What is it? Come on, we'll go." Lysithea tosses the cotton candy's cardboard stick into a nearby trash bin and starts to lick her sticky fingers just like a child might.

I chuckle. "I'm not sure about that..." The attraction, in particular, was one Lysithea would never do willingly, but if she was so set on doing something I liked...

"Don't be a fool! What in the world would stop you from taking this ride?" She says matter-of-factly, crossing her arms to prove her steadfastness in her decision to let me select the next activity.

"You promise you'll do it?" I quirk an eyebrow, a slow smile crossing my lips.

Lysithea rolls her eyes at my persistence. "Why are you so dodgy about this? Yes, I promise."

"Really?"

"Really."

I let out a sigh, then took her hand into mine and grinned wickedly. "Okay, but take your word back, Lysithea. You promised." The moment I started pulling her towards a small mansion near the edges of the amusement park, her jaw dropped.