Diamant x Dancer! Reader || We Meet Again

———

In all my travels around the country of Elyos, never had I seen such a fierce battle. There was one man in the center of hoards and hoards of zombie-like monsters, yet he stood his ground with blazing eyes and a firm grip on his steel blade.

I was crossing the borders between Firene and Brodia and stumbled upon the heated battle, immediately stunned at the unexpected sight. The man with bright scarlet hair fought enemy after enemy, cutting down each person-like creature as they approached, likely attempting to invade this region. They didn't seem to have minds of their own, but they battled with uncanny skill.

The urge to rush in and try to help him was large, although I couldn't figure out why. Either way, my experience with weaponry of any sort is just about nothing. I specialized merely in dancing, rejuvenating already tired fighters.

"For Brodia!" I hear him call, bringing his sword down on another foe. Finally, I made my decision when I caught a glimpse of his set but exhausted expression as he spun around to face another enemy. I picked up speed, and I wasted no time running into the battlefield.

I twirled around, a glow surrounding my body. With a flourish here and there along with the proper footwork, I could perform a dance routine able to restore one's strength. I gestured to the man with a warm smile and a swirl of my skirt, "You can do it!" I encourage, and his eyebrows shoot up at my sudden entrance.

He seems confused as to why a stranger popped up out of the blue to aid him but carries on regardless. Each time he was on the verge of collapsing, I healed him and urged him to continue.

Soon enough, the country's borders were clear of anyone but the two of us. We had emerged victorious, and hardly a word had been exchanged.

I turn to the ruby-eyed male with a broad grin. "And you are?"

"Wait, you didn't come to me because of my status? I'm Diamant, Crown Prince of Brodia." He looked puzzled, and I stifled a laugh. "Surely you recognize the name or title at least?"

"Who do you take me as? A fangirl?" I scoff teasingly. "No, I'm not quite involved with royal affairs. My apologies."

Now he's even more baffled. He shakes it off, however, and extends a hand. "Well, it's nice to meet you regardless. I'm truly in your debt for your service. I would like to thank you properly, but I don't even have your name yet."

I accept his hand and give it a small shake. "I appreciate the sentiment, but I have no need for compensation." I step away with a slight dip of my head to signal a nod. "And I doubt a prince like yourself doesn't need to bother with my name. Farewell."

I swivel around on my heels, a little rattled at the turn of events, not expecting him to follow after me.

"Wait!"

My feet drag to a slow. I don't face him, exasperated. "Yes?"

"Can I please have your name?" He pleads.

Sighing, I nonchalantly toss a simple word over my shoulder. "(Y/N)."

And then I left for good that time, thinking we'd never meet again. Coincidentally, when I was returning to Firene, there he was again, this time greeting a guest of great value, the Divine Dragon Alear, into Brodia.

I was impressed if I was being honest. It's not every day you see a deity, and here was the Diamant guy welcoming one into his country.

Not wanting to interrupt their surely pivotal conversation, I passed by without giving them a second glance, although inside I was curious. Maybe this prince wasn't like the arrogant, high-and-mighty ones I'd seen in my travels.