eleven

Fixing Things...

Richie strolled alongside his Consigliere, Frankie, to the brunch location that was sent on his phone. Richie had a small meeting this morning, killing two birds with one stone to ensure that Giulia was happy and Frankie wouldn't feel like he was bailing again.

For the last three days, his focus was elsewhere and far from work.

"Congratulazioni per tuo nipote," Frankie voiced with a smile. congratulations on your grandson.

Frankie was Richie's best friend at this point, and the news caught him by surprise. He still viewed Sam as a little kid, and now he had one of his own. Frankie couldn't believe it.

"Grazie," Richie cracked a grin, "il ragazzino è il mio mondo e non ha nemmeno una settimana," thank you. the little boy is my world and he's not even a week old.

In Frankie's eyes, this baby arrived at the exact moment the Castillo family needed him the most. Nothing was relieving their suffering, and to watch the joy fill Richie and see him smile, Frankie's theory was right.

Giuseppe was never supposed to get hurt or even lose his life; it made them shatter that someone so close and someone they loved was taken from them. Speaking of, Frankie has been trying his best to get answers, and each day coming back without an answer made him feel like he was letting them down.

Giuseepe was Frankie's family, too, blood or not.

"I have to visit Sam someday and see the little guy," Frankie grinned, "does he have his eyes?"

Richie shook his head, "no, but he looks like Sam when Giulia first gave birth. It was a little trippy," he chuckled.

"I would expect it to be," they slow down their movements once getting to the entrance of the restaurant, "I don't wanna keep you long because I know how Giulia will have your head," he inhales deeply.

Since finding out about the mole, it hasn't been exactly easy to find them. Richie trusted no one, and once he killed Alessia all those months ago, he couldn't think straight.

He didn't even know for sure if she set her son up, and he knew killing her was possibly a mistake. He was just distraught and fed up with the drama being revolved around her; thinking she had something to do with Giuseppe's death seemed logical.

She always brought trouble, and when the worst showed up, he thought it was her.

Richie felt so bad about killing her that only he and Frankie knew. Of course, Sam had his suspicions because he thought she could have some answers, but Richie said he got her somewhere to 'give answers'.

Sam didn't trust his father about it, but the conversation didn't linger for long.

"Your guy on the inside got anything on that CI?" Richie asked, squinted his eyes from the sun beaming on him.

"Not yet. Everything is still sealed," Frankie sighed.

Being the Don meant connections, but sometimes you didn't get your way.

"This has been going on for months," Richie let out with slight frustration. He couldn't find the person who put the hit out on his and the mole. It was agitating the fuck outta him.

Frankie assures, "but we've been careful."

"We still gotta find that son of a bitch before he or she gets dirt on us that could ruin what we've built," Richie said.

Frankie hums lightly, "I've been doing my own investigation, and have you considered Joey?"

His brows raise, "Joey, as in Joey Trattman?"