twenty six

Who's A Cheater? You're A Cheater...

The second Richie heard that Morello's may or may not have some info regarding his son's murder, he stopped what he was doing to meet them. He wasn't waiting for the Morello's to confirm a meeting; Richie walking into the bar unannounced and uninvited.

The moment he walked through those doors, Morello's men were shaken yet prepared to fight in case this was some battle they had yet to prepare for. Richie's scolding face didn't shake those thoughts either; the man just storming in and asking for Marco.

"Where's ya boss?" Richie asked, staring down at one of the soldiers for Marco.

The man stared up with a glare and said, "he can't see you. He's busy."

"Did I ask that, or did I ask where ya boss was?" Richie raised his brow, "I wanna speak with Marco right now."

"Or what?" the man sized him up and down.

Mattia twisted up his face, extending his hand to mush the man by his face, "are you lookin' for an asswhoopin'?" 

It caused all the guys to get a little roudy.

The man stumbled but gained his balance. He went to step to Mattia, but he was stopped by Sam, who put his hand out to stop him by his chest.

"You're not gonna like what happens if you touch him," Sam said as the man brought his gaze over to him. The very last person that went after Mattia ended up with a fucked-up jaw, "get ya' damn boss. We ain't hea' for the fuckin' games."

They were daring the man to make another statement that didn't involve the whereabouts of Marco Morello.

The man stared Sam in the eyes and went to say, "and what the fuck are you gon-"

But before the man could even finish, Marco's voice boomed throughout the bar: "hey, hey, I'm hea'. What's goin' on?" he then stared with confusion, "Castillo's? What are you doin' hea'?" a grin suddenly forming on his face, "do you know how dangerous this can be?" seeing they were stepping on his own turf.

Richie scuffed, "I ain't worried or fearful of you. I came here to talk about my son. Word is, you got some shit about the death of my boy. That true?"

Marco ushered the soldiers to calm down, making his way over to the Castillo's, "I heard some stuff, but nothing substantial," he shrugged his shoulders, "I ain't wanna bring this info' to you until I knew for sure. We're already on bad terms. Don't need you thinkin' I'm doing this to fuck with you."

"Hmm."

This could very much be some plan to toy with Richie, and Richie has thought about that. He didn't trust Marco, but if he said he had something to say about Giuseppe's killing, he'd listen.

Marco guides the Castillo's over to the bar, snapping at the bartender to get them three mimosas since it was early in the morning. Not one of them would touch it since they were really here for information about their family member, and taking a drink from him would be a short cut to death.

"I'm not too sure, so don't take my word for it," Marco starts, "but it's been some talk about one of ya boys somehow havin' somethin' to do with Giuseppe's murder."

Richie scrunched his brows, "what? Where did you hear this?"

"Alex was out on a job," Marco said as everyone glanced at Alex, "and overheard it. Y'know he's a good kid, so even if our families aren't the best of friends, he'll say somethin'," Marco sighed, "I ain't got a name or connection, which is why I didn't bring it to you."