thirty six

* every place I name in this book regarding Aspen is fake. I don't feel like finding real places 😭

Aspen...

Natalie felt herself wanting to hurl from the takeoff and landing of the aircraft from New York to Aspen. Even though she had her boyfriend right beside her, holding her hand to calm her, she was quickly laughed at once the plane leveled.

She snatched her hand away from Sam, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes as he held his stomach, laughing at her along with Elena. When she looked over to check on her son, Luca was just staring at her and playing with his toy. He had more guts than her, and he was only six months old.

Giulia handed Natalie water and was able to contain her laughter, unlike her children. Natalie's face was flushed, and she had to be quite embarrassed for the color to show.

Once she got over her unsettling nerves about being that high in the air, she was able to enjoy the sky as the pilot flew them to Aspen. They were able to fly private; Natalie pretty stoked that the first time she flew anywhere, it was in a private plane.

She knew the aircraft was going to be huge, but it was larger as she stepped up on the slim step to get inside. She adored the outside and how sleek it looked, but was even more drawn in by the inside. The jet was pretty spacious, and the cream-colored seats looked like money.

Natalie initially didn't want the window seat, but once getting comfortable a few minutes into their ride, she switched seats with Sam. She was calm the remainder of the ride there, walking around, laughing with the Castillo's, and tending to her son.

Luca got a little sleep just before takeoff; the little guy sleeping peacefully as Natalie clenched her stomach with nausea. She didn't like the feeling of her stomach turning in knots, queasy, wanting the pilot to quickly land them on the runway.

She was just happy she didn't throw up her lunch along with the champagne, pushing a pair of sunglasses on her face as she walked off the jet. Sam had her up pretty early this morning for the flight, so she was a little tired, but catching sleep was impossible.

She didn't get any snooze like she planned once getting in the black car because she spent her time talking to Elizabeth while Sam typed a few things on his laptop.

But getting to see the beauty Aspen had to offer and enjoying the Christmas decor up around along the drive, Natalie was glad she didn't get any shut eye.

Eventually, the cars started to slow down once the drivers approached the driveway of the cabin everyone was going to stay in.

Mattia thought of bringing a friend, but he decided against it at the last minute. Elena was in the early stages of talking to a few people, trying to see what's what, so no one was getting a free trip out of her. And because Elizabeth was mainly there to work while also getting some fun time of her own, she also traveled alone.

Entering the snow-covered cabin that looked gorgeous on the outside, Natalie closed her book and saw how pretty it was on the inside, too. The cabin screamed cozy, and she couldn't wait to slip into some Christmas pajamas, make hot cocoa, and sit by the fireplace that would keep her captivated.

Richie gave the newbies a tour of the house while carrying Luca, who was tucked in a snow suit to keep his little body warm.

"And then here's the sauna," Richie said after the four traveled to the basement, "Giulia wanted one built here, so we did it."

Elizabeth gasped, "talk about sweat sessions. I can't wait."

"Me neither. I've never been in one before," Natalie admitted, looking around.