thirteen

Progressing...

"Oh my god, this is definitely a white man's baby," Ayan said as she lifted Luca up into her arms, "but you are adorable," she brought him to her chest to squeeze him lightly.

Natalie chuckled, walking over to the rocking chair to sit down, "stop calling my baby a white man's baby."

"It's low-key true. He has no color," Ayan grinned, "he has so much hair though. I need a few strands," she touched her head, stroking the hairs. She was still into pixie cuts.

Luca, being two months old now, felt surreal. Natalie felt like she just had him, and time was going by so fast that before she knew it, she'd be celebrating his first birthday. She has treasured every second she has spent with him because she knows that these moments won't last forever.

Luca was in the process of making coos and gurgling noises, and that sometimes kept Natalie awake or when he was just kicking his feet around in bed. He began trying to eat at Natalie's face, and when it happened, she cried, causing Sam to call her a big baby.

It wasn't until Luca did it to him that he understood why she got all mushy. The familiarity in his parent's face brought him comfort and security, so his excitement showed a lot, and it made their hearts melt.

As for Natalie, she was fully recovered. Her postpartum belly went down by month one, and she was no longer needing those pads. It boosted her confidence each time the flow lightened, and then she didn't need them anymore. She started to wear more fitted tees, slowly trying herself to get back to herself, even though it felt like forever.

"I thought Ruben was coming," Natalie said, checking the messages she missed through the night.

"He got called into work," Ayan pouted.

Of course Ruben felt some way about his girlfriend lying to him, but he had to grasp that it's what Natalie wanted. She wasn't in the mental space to tell Sam, and that's that.

Natalie asks, "how is he?"

Ayan smirks, "he's been talking about getting these dark tints for his car, and I wanna surprise him and get it before he does it himself," she gasps at the sight of Luca scrunching his body up, "he still does the newborn scrunch thing."

Natalie moved from in front of their rocking chair so Ayan could sit down, "I know. It's so cute."

Ayan went to say something but got distracted by the back of Natalie, "that ass looking real fat. Somebody hittin' that?" she wiggled her brows.

Natalie never got out of the gray yoga pants that she wore to bed last night since she had woken up a half hour ago. It was currently nine in the morning, and the only thing she did was brush her teeth, wash her face, and unlocked the door for Ayan.

"No one's hittin' anything," Natalie voiced with a smirk.

"Mhm. Don't tell me," Ayan shrugged before sitting down, "I'll eventually find out."

"I'm serious. It's way too early for Elias and I be doing that," Natalie admitted. They were still talking, and Natalie was interested in seeing where things went. He was super sweet and had some charm.

It was fun to endure.

"Pah-lease," Ayan rolled her eyes, "Sam was hittin' that the very first time y'all went out on a date, and he could've gotten in them drawls sooner if he didn't make your ass go upstairs," she concluded her statement.

"That's not the point," they chuckle, "I wanna take it slow this time. I had a baby with my ex and we weren't even together for a whole year."

Ayan adjusted Luca's top, "how is it with him anyway? Co-parenting easy?"