thirty nine

The Holiday's...

Getting back to New York, Natalie was excited to show Luca the New York Christmas lights. The ones in Aspen were pretty, but she loved NYC a little better. Upon returning, Natalie was able to catch up with her parents, still seeing a difference in them both. She tried to center her thoughts on their new behavior due to the divorce, waiting to let things unfold. But she felt like there was something else involved.

Christmas was just a couple hours away, and while a good number of people spent their Christmas Eve out, Natalie and Sam were spending this one inside. Luca was resting in his bed after Sam put him there, Natalie taking her time in the bathroom, getting'ready' for bed.

Sam noticed she was in there for a while, oblivious to what was going on since he was on his phone.

The minutes she spent after her shower were used to fix her hair, freshly heated curls forming in her hair with the curling iron she used. If Sam were to walk inside the bathroom, he would ask where she was going. So, to avoid him seeing her get dressed, she locked the bathroom door.

She felt this tingly feeling inside of her, nervous about how Sam would react to her plan. She's never done something like this for anyone, not even him. So, stepping out of her comfort zone was a bit nerve-wracking.

Natalie thought about putting on makeup, but for what she had in mind, she only dabbed a little foundation on her face. She applied a small amount of blush to her cheeks and lined her lips with a brown pencil, then smeared gloss on top. For her brows, she plucked the hair that had grown in, allowing them to appear neat on her face.

She had two lingerie options out, and while the pink one was more safe and cute, the red was sexier, and she recalled the way it fit her the first time. She wanted the first time she wore lingerie for Sam to be memorable; the image burned in his brain for days.

It was crazy to want him to think about her a lot, but that was her goal. She wasn't doing this for nothing.

Natalie picked up a bottle of perfume, spraying mists of pear on her skin and outfit. She checked to make sure she was fully moisturized, wanting her skin to be glistening and smooth.

She clipped these diamond stud earrings in her ear, keeping the necklace off since she knew Sam's hand would find its way to her neck at some point of their night together.

Natalie wanted to do this for herself, finding no shame that this was also for Sam. She wanted to watch the light twinkle in his eyes as he looked at her and witness the way his words would get caught in his throat because of her.

She longed for it, and as she stepped from the bathroom and entered her bedroom, the reaction she expected was even better than anticipated.

Her cheeks felt warm as the smile grew on her face, watching how her boyfriend couldn't say a word. He was taken back at how good she looked in the lace, but also shocked that she was wearing this for him. His silence would've worried her if she didn't see the attraction in his eyes, Natalie taking one step at a time towards him.

"You like it?" she asked as she let her hands gently touch the material on her stomach.

Sam took a second to answer, not being able to snap his gaze up to her face because her figure looked magnificent. There was no way to describe how he was feeling, but he knew he felt a lot.

Natalie reached him at the foot of the bed, waiting for his response. She watched him set his phone aside and felt his hands find their way to her waist, tugging her body towards him. She smiled even wider, placing her hands on his shoulders to steady herself.