ROLES REVERSED

SUMMARY

A few hours later they brought her to her room, they said her body almost gave up during the procedure and now she had to be stuck to multiple machines just to make sure to give her a higher probability of living.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have allowed you" I sobbed resting my head on her limp hand, I broke down in tears and just waited for her.

___________________________________________________

HAYLE'S POV

It's Friday one week has passed and yet no response coming from her not even a simple twitch of her fingers. I stopped going anywhere and decided to stay by her watching machines pumping artificial air in and out of her body making her chest pump. Connected to her hand were different strings with different purposes.

the scene of her body lying in the bathtub would always make me feel sick to my guts, making me want to scream and cry to just have this other scene of a limp body in a hospital.

This afternoon a nurse came explaining her situation to me asking me if I wanted to pull her plug "Aren't you supposed to ask the guardian" The nurse just looked at me and confessed "We have been calling her parents and her uncle but it would either get disconnected or the line would not pick", "So they basically abandoned her, don't" the nurse gave me a reassuring smile and told me to take care of myself.

I returned home to take a shower and eat a proper meal. I was sat on the kitchen table chair when from the corner of my eye I noticed the fucking hand. I grabbed it put it in my bag and rushed back to the hospital.

I reached her room and made the connection to the hand "Talk to me" in front of me there was a frame of a young girl maybe between the ages of four and six, her face looked normal but expressionless. "I'm looking for her" I pointed to Blaise. She told me to follow her and so I did. We stopped in front of a door, she pointed at it and disappeared soon after.

From outside the room, there were shouts and screams pounding on the door, I couldn't wait anymore and opened the door. On the floor there was her body screaming in pain, the screeches of pain felt like needles and knives scratching the inside of my ear.

Around her body there were those monsters covering her in their naked bodies, they were munching on her frame, "What are they doing to her?" the little girl reappeared next to me again, "They are trying to get possession of her, trying to BE her". My mind shattered in me so did my heart, "What can I do to help her?" the kid looked at me as if I was crazy in the head "You'll have to take her position". "How?" I asked again desperately, "Well just ask" Before I could ask anything she disappeared in thin air.

"Hey" I shouted at those things trying to tear her body up, their head turned towards me, "Take me and leave her alone", a voice that sounded sloppy and wet 'Why?' "Because she doesn't deserve this". 'What can you offer us' another voice whispered, "I will give you my life" When I finished does words the connection with the hand broke sending me across the room and knocking me out.

I woke up a few minutes later. I felt normal nothing changed. But before I could look at her I felt a voice ringing in my ear "You are ours" they said, I felt cold on a part of my body then I felt a touch that made my senses numb, "Will you leave her now" I asked waiting for an answer "We already have".

I was still waiting for her to wake up, they had removed the breathing machine from her mouth because she was finally able to breathe by herself. "She is in pain," a voice remarked to me "She is fine" I answered trying to ignore it.

Hours passed. It was midnight when a different voice a woman's own in particular, screamed at me making me remove my eyes from Blaise but nothing more was said. I turned my head back to Blaise but instead of her I saw an old woman with half of her face covered in fat and blood she was laughing at me with her teeth, "She is mine" she shouted at me.

"She doesn't love you" She confessed again still laughing, my head was hurting like crazy, my eyes were deceiving me and I was sure about it, "Get the fuck out of her" I screamed in fear, "You'll have to force me them," She remarked smiling and laughing even more.

"SHE IS MINE AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING".