Cuteness is the answer!

"Hey..."

The sounds of Chopper's footsteps rang around the room. She was now given her own room, a place near the aquarium so that she could have something to watch and occasionally see the Strawhats reach in to fish out some edible fish. This meant seeing Luffy and Usopp attempting to be fishermen, their silly antics putting her at ease. She was free to use her own washroom and eat the food alone when it was ready. They have set a time for her to eat at the kitchen, where everyone would be in their own rooms for that time being.

Turning her head around, she saw the reindeer doctor slowly inch towards her. She could not help but feel relaxed at the sight of Chopper. The sound of his footsteps and adorable appearance made her feel somewhat at ease.

"Hey... Can... can I come in?"

"..."

She nodded her head slowly, signaling Chopper to take a seat across her. Seeing her grin for the first time shocked Chopper, as he checked her pulse and declared her healthy. Seeing the visible scars made Chopper place a hoof on her arm before he retracted it lest it made her uncomfortable. Seeing his careful gesture relaxed her even further, as she raised her hand, it hovering around Chopper's hat.

"Can I..."

"Yes?!"

"Can I touch your hat?"

Chopper grinned widely at that, as he took a step forward and placed his hat on her hand. She petted it carefully and adoringly, her finger gently tapping on his ear.

"You're so cute."

At her gentle voice and touch, Chopper began to wiggle about, telling her to stop her praises but shoved his body towards her hand. Letting out a short giggle, she opened her two arms, as Chopper hesitantly got into her embrace.

"You're so cute. And you're the doctor?"

"Stop it!...Hehe.... I mean, yes, I'm the doctor of the ship."

"No wonder. You're already curing me bit by bit."

But I have done nothing.... Is this what Doctor meant when he said all illnesses have a cure? Chopper's eyes teared a little at that. Honestly he had no idea how to help her at all. There was no information on any books, nor could his brain figure it out. Hugging her back tightly, Chopper swallowed his tears before sitting back down on the floor. His butt made a cute squeaky sound at his movement, as she smiled fully and continued petting his arm.

"Cute doctor. What's your name?"

"My name is Tony Tony Chopper, and everyone calls me Chopper."

"And... urm... I hope this is okay to ask but... Are you..."

"Oh! I'm a human reindeer. I ate a devil fruit and— oh, do you know what a devil fruit is?"

She grinned slightly, her hand poking his little arm.

"Yes. I was once aboard many pirate's ships, and I learnt many things from overhearing their conversations. Well, I did escape every time... But I went to many places, and thus know many things. The town you guys found me on, that's not where I am from either."

"Oh...."

Seeing Chopper's ears droop down, she tickled it to make him smile again. Chopper felt a weird sensation in his heart; is this what it feels like to be loved? Adored?

"And you were saying.. You're a human? So... Are you...a girl... or a boy..."

Feeling a little uneasy knowing he was a human, her hand slowly withdrew from Chopper. Putting on his most amiable expression, Chopper shook his hooves in front of himself, shaking his head dramatically.