Zoro, do you wanna do....

"Zoro."

"Mhm."

Zoro took a peek at his wife, who was lying down next to him during his night of watch. The night waters were calm, and the sky was bright enough just to let those who are awake have their loved ones reflected in their eyes.

"You're my husband, right?"

"Yeah, no doubt."

"Then... are you ever going to, you know..."

"Huh?"

"You know, every man wants it. I know that."

Widening his eyes a little, his eyes diverted to her nervous lips, from which he tore his eyes away from. She was too used to this equation. Men wanted women to either serve them, or satisfy their needs. Or at least, those things were what she was desired for. Wondering why Zoro wasn't taking any steps to do any of those, she just had to ask, on a night where it seemed like no one was going to come in between them.

"Why, you want it?"

His voice was lower than usual, his gaze sticking to her like honey. Many thoughts raced through her head as she pressed her lips together, holding his hand gently.

"What?"

"I don't know. Isn't a husband supposed to make his wife happy? If that is what makes you happy..."

"Zoro.... Well, I'll do whatever you want."

"What I want?"

What I want, is to become the world's greatest swordsman, and for Luffy to achieve his dreams. These two, and nothing more. Zoro locked his fingers around hers, and calmed his heart down.

"What I want is for you to be safe. That's all."

All this ambiguity made both of their palms sweaty. Instead of letting go of their hands, Zoro tightened his grip, bringing her hand towards his face. He gave her hand a short peck, as a sign to cherish every part of her as delicately as he wanted to.

"Tell me. If it's something you want, I'll do it. Anything."

"I.... Just wanted to say the same as you. I just..."

"Hey."

His voice dangerously low, Zoro got up, helping her get up to lean against the wall as well. She saw his determined eyes, blinking slowly to try and read what was on his mind.

"The fact that we are wife and husband... and the fact that you know that I'm the only one who does not desire you... Let's forget about all that."

"...Huh?"

"Yeah. Let's just treat each other like friends, like crew mates, who'd hold hands and even hug, kiss... If timing calls for it. Don't stress yourself."

Gulping down her saliva, she suddenly burst out in tears, her mind fixing the scattered pieces of puzzle. The pieces that have been waiting for a day someone picked them up to complete the picture. What pained her heart was learning that Zoro did not like her in any way more than everyone else on this earth; the very reality that he did not yearn for her to be beside him despite everyone else doing so. This has only hurt her now— because she had realised she loves, no, has been loving, no, will love... She has been in love, and is loving, and will be loving him. 

This was no coincidence. Seeing him for the first time, him grabbing her wrist, his very look, voice and character making her trust him. She clutched onto her chest at the realisation that the one man she loves is not going to love her back. What is the point of loving then, what is the point of everyone else loving her then, if the very person she calls husband doesn't even love her back? Finding it hard to stop her crying, she continued sobbing, as Zoro silently embraced her. He did not need to know the reason behind it. She was a person with many scars in her heart, and had all the rights to cry out loud any time she wanted.