To undo the curse, [Part 2]

"Zoro, kill me, please! You promised to protect me."

"Right, to protect. Not kill, you know."

"Please... I'm so, so sorry it had to be you. I know it's hard for you. I'm so sorry for appearing in your life."

Tears falling down continuously down her precious face, she closed her eyes one more time, not wanting to see the people she owed her life to. Zoro grabbed onto his sword, and Luffy glanced at him doing so, a shadow cast over his face.

"Luffy. Give him the command. Remember? When we first met, you told Zoro to kill me."

"Right...."

"Just like that. Just say the word."

It only took a few words for Zoro to take action against her, she recalled, wanting to hear the words all over again. Why won't he kill me? Why won't he just close his eyes and strike me like he had struck multiple people?

Luffy frowned hard, not knowing what to do in this situation. To order a crew mate to kill another crew mate... All these were too painful for him to handle. Losing a loved one was something Luffy knew he could not bear to witness, even if she were to come back to life. Those few split seconds, and the ambiguity of the outcome, tore his heart in pieces just by picturing it.

Zoro's grip on his sword tightened, unsure if he should do as told. He heaved a heavy sigh, looking at the woman who had strengthened him multiple folds. She was in the same position, her arms stretched out and feet rooted firmly into the ground.

"Shanks. Do it for Shanks then, Luffy. I forgot he is my father, but the witch said you were his favourite. If I come back to life, Shanks will remember me, and I can see my parents again."

"You want me to face Shanks after killing his daughter once?"

"Luffy..."

She did not know how to respond. Sanji was already on his third cigarette, he himself thinking of his terrible childhood that he did not deserve at all. Everyone watched from afar, not daring to say a word.

"Okay. Fine."

She finally put her hands down, and walked towards Zoro. Her footsteps were unstable, her eyes glued to the ground. Holding onto Zoro's right hand, she looked up at the rest of the Strawhats, forcing her voice out.

"Everyone... Let this be between us only. Luffy, I know you can't bear to watch. Please... go back to the Sunny."

No one moved an inch— the air was too tense and still, as if a single word or movement could shatter the entire earth into pieces. She averted her eyes back to Zoro, and forced the sword out of the casing by a little bit.

"Zoro. You want to be the world's greatest swordsman."

"....Yeah."

"Would he hesitate to kill a woman?"

"Yes. Not when she is his wife."

"Especially since she is your wife, Zoro. Your sword can revive a person. Do you realise that? You'll be the only swordsman who can slash a person to make them come back to life."

A little convinced by her logic, Zoro cleared his throat, turning back to see the rest of the crew mates still standing nearby. Luffy's dejected voice commanded everyone to leave, and the place was only left with Zoro and his wife.

"Zoro."

"I... I really can't."

"The sun is setting. If you don't kill me before that, I'll kill myself. Since a life of not being able to undo my curse... I'd rather die."