Chapter 3: Earth is So Violent

If Verdant had learned anything about the human race so far, it was that they were incredibly bloodthirsty and loud. Miko was excited to tell Verdant all about the many monster truck battles she had witnessed, including disturbingly descriptive graphics about their deaths.

These monster truck battles sounded like glorified alt. modes just ramming into each other until there was only one left. It honestly made Verdant's gut churn, and she tried not to imagine getting trapped in the middle of one.

Wheeljack enthusiastically aided Miko in making Verdant uncomfortable, although Verdant had suspicions that doing so was his end goal, unlike Miko, who was entirely ignorant.

She ended up trying to stay away from them, something that Bulkhead was helping with. The two of them began to discuss the state of Decepticon affairs, including what had happened on Cybertron with the Omega Lock, what had happened to their base, and everything else the two of them deemed important enough to share.

After a few hours, the sight of a familiar ship filled the sky and landed in the centre of the arena. Wheeljack didn't look happy, but Verdant could have cared less.

The ramp came down, displaying her commander's feet, and Verdant immediately felt relieved.

"Verdant, what happened?"

"Decepticons, sir," she responded. "As I went to pick these two up, my scanners indicated their approach and—"

"And she flew right over a bomb I'd planted to blow the 'cons up," Wheeljack interrupted. "Then she crashed into a ravine, manipulated some 'cons, and I got to carry her out."

Verdant glared at him. "That's omitting some important details."

Ultra Magnus shook his helm. "You will need to fill me in on the events later. I have collected the other Autobots on this planet and we've gathered in a temporary base. We need to return there and plan an assault on the Decepticon citadel."

Bulkhead perked up. "You've got everyone?"

"Sir," Ultra Magnus corrected.

"Right, sorry, sir."

Magnus nodded. "All but Optimus Prime and Smokescreen are accounted for."

He slumped. "I see... sir."

"This is clearly the Ultra Magnus dude," Miko whispered to Bulkhead. "Oof."

Magnus looked at her with a frown. "Another human?"

"The best of them," Miko winked.

"Debatable," he replied before turning away and returning to his ship.

Verdant followed close behind. "Sir, I've been able to positively identify Starscream as the second in command and Megatron is here as well."

"I'm aware. This was explained to me by Arcee," he told her. "When we reach the temporary base, I will require you to assist their medic in setting up the groundbridge and monitoring communications. They should have transported the groundbridge to the base provided by the human government by now, but it will need work."

Verdant nodded. "I will begin immediately upon arrival."

"Not after you have Team Prime's resident medic look at the wound on your arm. It looks like you were hit by a rocket."

"I was."

Wheeljack poked his helm between them as Magnus began to lift off and fly out of the stadium. "Where did you find this ship?"

"Sir."

"Sir," Wheeljack added with a roll of his optics.

"We liberated it from a Decepticon fleet somewhere around the Dahtulatagus sector."