Chapter 19: Exhaustion

Verdant onlined and checked her system logs. She wasn't sure why she was offline or what happened around that time, but she could at least confirm that she'd been in recharge for ten Earth hours.

"Goodmorning, Little Ms. Potty Mouth."

She frowned and sat up, her helm pounding and looked over at Wheeljack, who was sitting next to her on an unfamiliar berth, his servos occupied by a datapad. They were in a small berthroom and the door was open.

"What's going on?" she demanded.

Wheeljack hummed in response. "Ratchet, she's awake now."

Verdant stared at him. "Wheeljack."

"You almost sound normal," Wheeljack tilted his helm at her. "How do you feel?"

"Fine," Verdant responsed before stopping. "Well... a bit unusual."

He sat up and put the datapad to the side. "Ratchet won't believe this."

"I won't believe what?" Ratchet demanded as he strode into the room.

Verdant looked at the medic. "What happened?"

"You were pulled out of the screen during your mission to gather data from the Decepticons," Ratchet explained simply, raising his arm to scan her.

She stared at him, expression becoming blank. "I... the others!"

Immediately, Verdant launched off the berth, ignoring Wheeljack's surprised warning, and then promptly faceplanted when her legs gave out from under her.

"I hope you learned your lesson," Ratchet snorted, grabbing her arm and helping her back to the berth. "The others can wait until you've recovered. From what I've seen, they haven't got any worse since yesterday."

"Yesterday?" Verdant frowned. "How bad were they yesterday?"

She checked her chronometer again, this time going back a little further. With wide optics, she realized that it had been less than twenty-four hours since the Autobots waged their ill-fated attack on the Nemesis.

But she felt fine... considering how recent her unplugging was.

She activated her comms. "Ultra Magnus, I need you."

Wheeljack crossed his arms.

Ratchet sat her down on the berth. "Where do you feel pain?"

"My helm, my servos, my tentacles," Verdant listed, looking around. "Not as much as I should be feeling. Something is different."

She ejected her tentacles and raised them up to inspect them. "I've been jacked."

"I haven't done anything to you," Wheeljack told her.

"No, you dummy," Verdant frowned, immensely confused. "Soundwave..."

Ultra Magnus took that moment to appear in the doorway. "What about him?"

"He jacked me."

The commander shook his helm. "I don't know what that means."

"Last time I was pulled out of a graying, my processor was completely scrambled," Verdant stated. "Soundwave unscrambled it."

"He helped you?" Ultra Magnus walked forward. "Is that why you're not... being weird?"

Wheeljack sighed. "Disappointing. It was kinda fun listening to you."

Verdant glared at him, trying to convey some explicit choice-words.

"Did you get the information?" Ratchet asked.