Chapter 31: Wop Woopp

After manually surfing through a set of files in her processor, Verdant located the perfect replacement for Ultra Magnus's servo. Sure, she would need to go through difficult channels, but minimal effort would be required, as opposed to building a whole new one.

She became aware of the fact that a group of human terrorists by the name of MECH were able to build some advanced cybertronian frames. Their best model had been taken down by Optimus and Agent Fowler in a joint mission. It was classified as Nemesis Prime, and was eerily similar to Optimus.

If she could get ahold of the clone, she could use Nemesis Prime's servo to replace Ultra Magnus's crushed one.

Which is why she called Agent Fowler.

Right now, she was waiting for the agent to arrive. He should be here anytime now, considering his bunker was located in the same military base, just a different building. She should also take into account the fact that it was nearly two in the morning, but Fowler's sleep was less important than Ultra Magnus's servo.

She headed to the med-bay and paused in the doorway, seeing that Ultra Magnus was now awake. Optimus sat beside him, and Wheeljack had been released a few hours ago.

"Optimus... when we spoke earlier, you said that your team had become greater than an army."

The Prime smiled. "Yes, they have adapted to fit a more human concept."

Optimus reached over and placed his servo on Ultra Magnus's shoulder. "A family."

Ultra Magnus looked away. "It does not seem that I fit within that schema."

"You find your place, as all others have," Optimus assured him. "Despite any opinions on your style of command, everyone in here is concerned for your well-being."

"I know of one who isn't," the commander sighed.

Optimus looked down. "It is difficult to accept... but I believe that Verdant still cares for you."

"Care is an overstatement," Ultra Magnus muttered. "I have ruined anything other than a professional relationship between us, just as I have done to the rest of your team. Optimus, I know what they say about me when I am not around."

The Prime sighed. "The complaints are in compliance to anyone's desire to avoid work, but they are shallow and do no mirror their true feelings."

Verdant pulled away from the door and walked away. This was not her conversation to hear. As she headed toward the main room, she ran into Bumblebee.

"Agent Fowler is looking for you," the scout told her.

"He's here?" Verdant kept walking. "Thank you."

"No problem," he buzzed back.

Verdant spotted the agent and Nurse Darby standing near Jack and Miko. The adults and eldest child were all speaking whilst Miko slumped in boredom and rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me," Verdant stood behind them and peered down.

Everyone turned to look at her. Agent Fowler and Nurse Darby wore frowns.

Right. Traitor.

Verdant pretended she didn't notice and put on a smile. "I was hoping you could help me acquire a certain product as a new servo for Ultra Magnus."

"How do we know you will actually use the material to help the Autobots?" Fowler demanded. "And not the Decepticons?"

Verdant frowned. This was anything but a polite conversation on his part.

"Because, sir, I am asking to acquire the servo of Nemesis Prime. I don't know of any Decepticons in need of a new servo. Do you?"

Fowler blinked. "No... It will be impossible to get ahold of any parts of the copycat Prime. We shipped them off to the Marianas trench."