And the end will only be a continuation of our path. Goodbye, uninvited guest.

Snow-white space.

- I don't remember a second that I deceived you, Devourer.

The man in the tailcoat said without opening his eyes.

- And I have a pretty good memory.

With an even bigger smile, he added playfully.

- What a bastard...

The black-bodied Soul Eater stretched a smile of sharp and uneven teeth, and lowered his hands.

- You promised me souls, brat!

He shouted, clenching his fist in front of his face.

- Let's refresh our memory...

The man in the tailcoat said with a smile, lightly tapping his forehead with his outstretched fingertips.

- In my world – the world of reward, in which I was its guide, I suddenly found myself cut off from the Higher Worlds, was lost and, as I mistakenly believed, forgotten. Then you appear – the Soul Eater. Intoxicated by my abilities, befuddled by the souls coming to me, you offer me your help. You promise me your patronage and protection in exchange for these souls.

The black-and-white-haired man said and stepped up to the black creature, standing in front of him, smiling.

- And here's the bad luck... Even though I've lost most of my powers, I can't remember promising you these souls.

The two-color-haired man stretched a benevolent smile without opening his eyes.

- The bastard... How dare you laugh at your master?!

Escaped from the mouth of the Soul Eater.

- I! I mowed down everyone standing over you! I gave you Devourer powers, with which you were able to purify souls by shackling them in the bodies of demons! I've been looking out for you! And that's how you repay me?!

The Soul Eater put his hand down his throat and pulled the empty sphere out of his stomach.

- Slipped me a fake?!

He shouted, shaking the empty sphere in front of the man in the tailcoat.

- Quickly returned to me thousands of souls cleaned by you, slave!

The Soul Eater clenched his fist and the sphere in his hand cracked, evaporating.

*Fu-u... ha-a...

The Caretaker inhaled and exhaled, walked around the black creature and crouched down in front of the young man.

- Don't worry.

He put his right hand in a scarlet glove on his back.

- Be patient a little more.

With a smile, still without opening his eyes, he spoke over the trembling young man.

- G-g-g-g-g-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga!

The Soul Eater burst out laughing.

- Did you decide to confront your master after all? Well... so be it... and I had so much more hope for you... What a pity you didn't justify them, you bastard...

Said the Soul Eater.

In the next instant, he turned around and rushed at the man in the tailcoat, baring his black-toothed mouth.

The young man's face shrank in horror, while the black-and-white-haired man hid his smile and opened his eyes. Eyes that glowed with a ruby glow. The man in the tailcoat raised his left hand with a lightning movement, which laid its palm on the mouth of the Devourer, whose body was enveloped in ruby flames.

- WA-A!

A heart-rending cry of unimaginable pain escaped from the mouth of the Soul Eater. And the next moment he was gone. He disappeared as if he had never existed.

- That's it.

The man in the tailcoat smiled, stroking the young man's back with his right palm.

- Not belonging to our universe, which penetrated into it at the moment of its highest weakness – called the "RAO" event, was destroyed. It remains only to burn out its remains...

The black-and-white-haired man put his left palm on the young man's head and his scarlet eyes shone with ruby light again.

The young man's body did not experience the pain of purification and only faintly glowed with ruby light, burning out the remnants of the Soul Eater's presence in it.

The man in the tailcoat closed his eyes and the glow of the young man's body stopped. The next moment, the Caretaker's eyes opened again. They regained their former color – black pupils, located in their centers, framed by a snow-white iris, enclosed in black circles.