Chapter 54

Not even out of breath, Rayne slowed when the building on the beach came into view, her mind wanted her to continue running, but her body was feeling a bit shaky. Who would have ever guessed how exhilarating this was? She felt free and completely rejuvenated. She was a wolf, and no one was going to control her world again. Rayne stopped almost on the spot she had stripped off her clothes, amazed that she could distinguish her own scent from the sand and smells around her.

Devin came up beside her and licked her ear. She growled playfully at him and nipped at his throat. His response caught her completely off guard as he pushed her sideways and knocked her off balance before he grabbed her neck and tugged at it. Shaking him off, she backed away from him and then found herself sitting on the sand. Her legs were done whether she wanted to continue to be in this form or not. When the first odd twinges started, Devin backed away and sat down.

There was no burning or panic as her body slowly reverted back to skin. Rayne wouldn't say it felt normal, but she wasn't scared senseless as it happened this time. When she could feel the gritty sand against her skin, she opened her eyes and flipped the hair out of her face to see him sitting there naked, watching her with a grin on his face.

"You," he smiled again, "are amazing."

She could smell his excitement and the fact that she could didn't even bother her. Rayne could also smell his sweet smelling sweat and now understood why she'd been having the urge to lick him since they met. The best part was not having to feel weird for having those desires anymore, and she was going to do just that. Taste his skin. Getting up on her hands and knees she began crawling towards him. "Amazing? How so?" A heated look appeared in his eyes as he watched her crawl slowly towards him. It felt like she was stalking him, as an animal would and the feeling exhilarated her further—it turned her on too.

"I could barely keep up with you..." He leaned back on his hands as she got closer to him and she was able to see he was as affected by all of this as she was. "Would you be offended if I told you that even as a wolf you were sexy as hell?"

Rayne shook her head and kept creeping towards him. Never in her life had she done something as bold as she was about to do, but she didn't care. It felt too right to stop. When she crawled over his legs and was close enough to his chest to feel the heat of his skin, she ran her tongue across his shoulder. He hissed out a breath and lifted his face to the sky.

Before her sanity returned she moved closer and tasted the pulse in his neck. Grasping his shoulders, she straddled his legs and straightened up. Following only the uncontrollable urges that filled her, she lowered slowly onto his very stiff organ until he filled her completely. He growled out a breath but didn't move to touch her, just let her do what she wanted.

Gripping his shoulders tighter, Rayne lifted her weight from him, moaning with pleasure. His scent was filling her nostrils and sending heat to her very core. Unable to resist tasting him again, she licked over his shoulder when she impaled herself on him once more. Groaning, she bit down on his muscled neck and was rewarded with a deep moan from him.

His hands grasped her hips and lifted her up so he could thrust hard into her when he pulled her back down. She was lost after that and could no longer control the flames that consumed her.

Rayne continued to slam her body into his as his mouth moved over any flesh he could reach. When his mouth finally got to hers, she couldn't prevent from biting down on his lip. In a single blurred movement, he was on his knees and wrapping her legs around his waist. She held on and let him take over, her whole body was vibrating with a need she'd never felt before. Muscles she didn't know she had were clamping around his slick hardness as he drove into her over and over again.

Devin's mouth crushed hers in a kiss that was as desperate as she was feeling. Gasping, she pulled away and shuddered when the first sign of orgasm radiated through her. Rayne could feel the hard muscles in his legs flexing as her body bounced off them, his hands no longer held her hips but he still thrust into her at a furious speed. As he molded both of her breasts in his hands, another wave of heat flashed through her. His mouth moved over one nipple roughly before he went to the other and bit the flesh causing her to crash violently over the edge. She could hear her voice crying out, but didn't have the focus to control it.

Rayne's head was floating and body convulsing around him when he pulled out of her so quickly she almost fell onto the sand. Before she could catch her breath enough to speak, he had her on hands and knees and was pushing into her from behind. The muscles that were still vibrating were so sensitive in this position she was on the edge again within seconds.

He growled and grasped her hips tighter to hold her still as he slammed into her. She didn't want him to stop either, her body was so hot and close to coming again that all she could do was let him do what he wanted. Lifting her upper body back towards him, he bit into the back of her neck hard enough to make her gasp. With his teeth still holding her as he slid into her hard enough to slap their flesh together Rayne crested in one stroke and was moaning wildly. Growling again, Devin thrust once more before his whole body went rigid and he collapsed against her.

Lowering both of their bodies to lie on the sand, he continued to pulse inside her. She couldn't do anything except try to draw enough air into her body to stay conscious. A few days ago, she would have been shocked by what had just happened, but as hard as she searched, there wasn't one part that felt any remorse for what they'd just done.

Devin kissed the back of her neck gently and she felt the sting. Licking her lips to try to moisten them enough to speak, she tasted an unfamiliar tanginess and knew that he too would have a mark from her teeth. For a reason, she would have to think about later—much later, she liked the idea of that.

"Will I be like that after every time?" she whispered, still without enough air to speak any louder.

"I can only hope so."

Rayne swatted playfully at him.

"We should take a quick swim and get some sand off before we go inside."

A moonlight swim in the lake? Not even that bothered her, when a week ago she would have shrieked and run for the nearest building. "I don't think I can walk yet."

"Good, neither can I." Devin shifted and pulled out of her, rolling her to lie in his arm against his chest. "I have no problem staying right here for a bit longer."

The moonlight shone on his face and she could see the softest look in his eyes she'd ever seen a man have for her. Rayne's heart suddenly felt like it was in her throat. "I'm fine with it too," she managed to say before his mouth moved lovingly over hers.