Chapter 60

Devin stood at the end of the bed with a towel wrapped loosely around his waist as she walked into the room. His hair was still dripping and rolling down over his broad shoulders and sculpted chest. Rayne thought she would be nervous, knowing now what this would mean, but she wasn't feeling any hesitation. Her body responded as soon as she looked at him, heat coiling through her. Rayne's wolf knew this was her mate standing before her, and she didn't have one moment's hesitation either.

He was tense, and she knew a part of him still wasn't sure that she really did intend to accept him and be claimed. Rayne loved the power this gave her. Never having been in control of anything in her life, the thrill of knowing she alone was choosing her future left her exhilarated.

She undid the buttons on her blouse as she walked towards him, feeling sexy with each step. His chest rose and fell deeply as his eyes followed the movement of her hands. Rayne slipped her shirt off and dropped it onto the floor while moving closer to him.

The towel didn't hide how aroused he was, and just knowing what lay beneath it caused her heart to speed up. Stopping a few feet from him she undid her slacks and slowly slid them over her hips, letting them drop to the floor. She hadn't bothered with underwear. When she had decided to come back today, Rayne knew what she was coming for and made the task as easy as possible to accomplish.

He rubbed a hand over the growing bulge barely hidden by the towel. She watched his face as she moved to stand right in front of him, he had to work hard to not touch her if the clenching of his jaw was any indication. Leaning over, she ran her tongue over his chest and caught her breath as he shivered from the touch. "I just want to make sure I do this right," she licked him again and glanced down at his hands that were clenched into fists as his side. "You're not allowed to touch me in any way until I put my mark on you... is that right?" She lightly bit one nipple.

"Yes," he whispered with a shaky voice.

Rayne feed on the knowledge of her power, feeling dominant for the first time in her life. She knew she was playing with fire, and loved it. Pulling the towel, she let it drop to the floor and moved her body into the heat of his. As she ran her hands up over his chest he shuddered. Wrapping her arms around him she nuzzled her face into his neck. "And it goes right here?" She licked the taught muscle where his shoulder and neck met.

"Yes," he growled.

Dropping her arms, she gently shoved against his chest until he backed up to the bed. As he sat down she smiled down at him and ran her hands through his hair. Lowering her mouth to his, she glanced down to see him gripping the edge of the bed. Rayne kissed him tenderly and almost lost her nerve as he drank at her mouth like a starving man would. "Lie down," she whispered against his lips.

As he slid his body up on the bed, she crawled up it after him until she was straddling his legs. He laid there, fire blazing in his eyes and she knew exactly what was going to happen once she placed her mark on him. Moving slowly, Rayne lowered her mouth to his legs and kissed her way up one of them as she crawled higher on his body. His breathing was ragged by the time she reached his hip. Looking up at him, she ran her tongue over the tip of his hot erection, he groaned and grabbed at the bed with both hands, fighting every instinct to touch her.

Smiling, she moved up on her knees until she was over his hips and lowered herself just enough that she could feel his body resting against the wet core of hers. He clenched his jaw and he watched her with eyes that held a promise of retaliation. Rayne ran her hands up his chest and leaned down to bite gently at one nipple. She could feel his shoulders tighten as he fought to keep from touching her.