03. Day 1 3of4

1793 words

    I was standing there watching the kid when my friend came up to my room. I thought I heard him setting stuff down before coming up. But he did have a diaper bag over one arm and it looked full. He sat it on the bed then started grabbing stuff out of it. He started with spreading what looked like a small blanked across the foot of my bed. Then a tube of something was put right next to it. Then a large bottle of baby lotion and a bottle of baby powder next to that. On the other side of this small blanket was set a pair of footie pajamas and on top of that was a diaper. Then to top it all off, he pulled out a small teddy bear that looked brand new. He put that at the top of the blanket then he looked at me. "Let me guess. You have no kid friendly towels here." I wasn't really sure what he was talking about until a towel came out of the bag. It had a hood and a place for the kid to put his hands. And it was big enough to wrap around the kid twice.

    "Now I'm guessing he trusts you at least some what. So you get to wrap him in the towel. But before you bring him out here, you need to tell him you trust me and that I'm here. So here's the towel. Now go get him out of that tub before he turns into a prune." He tossed me the towel and shewed me away to get the kid. I turned and walked to the tub.

    I looked down at him and he was laying in the tub relaxing. He noticed me and jerked a little. I had scared him again. I went to my knees and showed him the towel. He smiled and sat up in the water. He winced a little as his butt touched the bottom. But other then that, he looked a lot better. "I'm going to drain the tub now. It's time for you to get out. But there's something I need to tell you." He tilted his head asking me to go on. "I called a friend to help me out. I told you earlier that I was going to do that. I really trust him. I want you to know that first off. I have known him almost my whole life. He is a really good guy."

    By then the water was all gone and I was wrapping him in the towel. I picked him up and grabbed his little lion for him, he started sucking on it immediately. "Now my friend is a doctor and he knows a lot more then me. I told him about you and he came rushing over here to help me with you. He would like to look at you and help you if he can. He's in my bedroom right now. I will send him away if you want me to. But I think he can help you feel better...." A small hand was put to my mouth and this kid just nodded. "Can he look at you?" I mumbled around his hand. He nodded and I thanked him.

    I walked to my bedroom and let him see my friend. "This is my friend doctor Smith. Doctor Smith, this is the boy I told you about." I introduced the two and my friend put out his hand out to shake. The boy put out his hand but didn't touch Smith. Smith leaned forward and took the kids hand and shook it.

    "Now I'm not the kind of person that beats around the bush. So I'm going to tell you why I'm here. My dumbass friend here has no clue how to take care of a kid. So I need to teach him how to take care of you. But he is better than any puppy I have ever known. He will do all it takes to take care of you. That's why his first call was to me." The kid in my arms giggled a little for the first time. "But I am also here to get a good look at you and to help you if I can. So I'm going to ask you to lay down on this changing pad and let me get a good look at you. Then I'm going to show him what you need. I already know that you wet yourself once. So for tonight I'm going to put you in a diaper if that's okay with you."

    Surprisingly the kid nodded. Then he put his hand on my chest and said "Ust" then started coughing. He put his hand to his throat and I quickly went back to the bathroom and grabbed the throat spray. He was able to open his mouth when I held it in front of him. I sprayed and his coughing subsided quickly. Sam looked worried but kept what he was thinking to himself. I went back to the bedroom and Sam pointed to the bed. I laid the kid down and stepped to the side.

    Sam grabbed the teddy bear and handed it to the kid. "Now. That bear is yours. It's meant for you to hug especially if you are scared. But you can use it any time you want. One of my kids keeps his with him at all times. I'm sure your new daddy will not have a problem with you having that one with you ether." That last comment got a puzzled look from the kid and me. Sam picked up on the look then said. "Someone you trust that takes care of you that is also a male is like a dad or daddy in my eyes. Do you trust him?" He asked and the kid looked at me then nodded. "Good. This makes my job a lot easier. Now I'm going to unwrap your towel and get a really good look at you. I will do my best not to hurt you. But if I do, you need to tell me." The kid nodded then Sam unwrapped him.

    He shivered from the cold but other then that he seemed fine. Sam did a throw check of everything from head to toes. Then he had the kid roll over and checked that side of him. As he did his check he pointed out thing for me to keep an eye on. Then the kid was back on his back. "Now, you have a couple of areas that need special attention and care. I already showed your daddy where. And now I'm going to show him how to take care of you for at least a week or two. But I thought I would tell you this first. You will need to be in diapers for a while. At least until you heal from all this." Then he picked up a tube and showed it to the kid. "This will have to be used every time you have a wet diaper for a while. It will feel weird at first, but you should get used to it."

    He put on gloves and started to put a medicated cream on all his privet ares. Then he took the gloves off. "Now for the fun part for you. But I will need you to put the bear and your lion down for a couple of minutes. But trust me, you will like this part." The kid put the bear aside and his lion was taken out of his mouth and put aside. Then Sam started putting lotion around the area his diaper was about to go. Then he put a diaper on the kid. "Now just relax and enjoy what your daddy is going to have to do to you every day.

    He started at the feet and massaged the baby lotion in. Both feet then legs. Both hands and arms. Then his chest got lotion rubbed in. Then he gently flipped the kid over and did his back along with any ares he missed. Immediately after he did that he put the kid's feet into the footie pajamas. He pulled it up and then stuck his arms in there spots. After rolling him over again the kid got zipped up. The kid looked like he had passed out. "Are you still awake little one?" Sam asked. He nodded and opened his eyes smiling. "Good. Now your daddy needs to do that once a day at least. I suggest just before bedtime and after all baths. So you remind him if he forgets." The kid nodded still smiling.

    "Now, another thing you will be needing for a while is one of these." He pulled out a bottle from the diaper bag. The kid looked shocked. "Now just before bedtime one of these will be filled with special stuff. It will make you healthy. It will be warm and help you sleep too. So your daddy will need to hold you while you drink this. This will also help with that sore throat of yours. To be honest I would suggest that for a while you only drink from a bottle. But that's not mandatory. And I need you to eat as much as you can. You need the health goodness of food. You haven't had enough to eat for a long time."

    He stopped and took a breath before looking at me. "Feed him lots of good food. The powder is in the bag for his bottles. Read the instructions and give him one every night including tonight. Now I have got to go before my wife knows I'm gone. Or she will come over here wondering what I'm doing. And if she sees him, you know she will be wanting to hold him forever. He's just to cute. I put some other clothes downstairs for him. And I will bring over other stuff later tomorrow. But you're right. You won the bet. You did go to the mall and brought back something. I just wasn't expecting a kid. Good luck and have fun. If you need anything else, you have my number."

    Then he looked at the kid and said. "Good luck with this one. It was nice to meet you. And when you're up to it, I have a couple of kids that I think would like to play with you." Then he looked at me again. "I'll bring over a crib and car seat tomorrow too. And a list of everything he might need. But I really have to go. Take care of your little one." Then he left my room and I heard him go out the front door.