19. A special Dinner

3577 Words

Kennith's POV

Soft and warm. Asleep, but not quite asleep. Definitely not awake. But awake enough for feel and hear somethings. This was the state I was in when I started to fly. When I got cold for a time. When the world around me moved then hugged me. I was warm again in the end. And, I felt safe.

Some time later there was another cool breeze. But this time it only touched my face for the briefest of moments. I quit flying and landed on the softest of clouds. The clouds wrapped around me, and I was at peace. Even when the world around me shook, I couldn't help but smile.

——————————————————————————

Joey's POV

Being invited to have dinner with the Alpha and his family is an honor for the wolves. But I'm not a wolf. For me it's, odd I guess. In the pack they have people known as lone wolves. People that prefer to stay away from others for the most part. Me being a bear is like that. I prefer to be and stay alone. But ever since Kennith showed up, things have changed some.

At first I thought he was a little kid I was saving from a guy that was abusing him. I took him home with me and he acted just like a little kid would. Only a lot quieter. That really worked out for me. Having a really loud little kid running around would have driven crazy quickly. I had even thought about rehousing him with one of the wolves at first. But there was something about him that made me want to keep him around. After that first night, that first bath, I knew he was abused a lot. Mentally, fiscally, emotionally, and sexually. This kid has been through way to much. Most, if not all adults, would have at least tried to end it all. But this kid was still here. I was shocked to say the least that he was still alive after all that.

But what really made me want to keep him with me in the beginning, was when I introduced him to Sam. I didn't even know his name yet. He didn't know my name yet. But when he told Sam that he trusted me, I about lost it. I knew right then that I had to keep this kid no matter what. If he could say that he trusted anyone after what he's been through. That was a miracle. But to be able to trust me was even more of one.

It wasn't to long after that when I found out his name. And at the same time I also found out that he was no child. Cooking breakfast for us and writing me a letter proved that he was no meat child. And what he did to Jack was really funny to me. Don't get me wrong, valance is not always the answer. But some times it's needed. This kid, or adult really, could take care of himself. He is stubborn, smart, cocky, and has a way of doing things all his own. But he also has a soft side. He is willing to do things that I thought no adult would.

He is wearing a diaper because he really needs them. Most people would fight against using those. He sucks on a pacifier. At first because I thought he was a child. But now, because he likes it I think. I have put him in clothes that are meant for babies or toddlers at most. And he seems to like those as well. He knows that these are all I have that fit him. But instead of fighting for more adult looking ones, he accepts what we have. No teenager or adult would accept any of this so rapidly that I know of. I know I would have fought against most of this stuff. But he accepts it even with how feisty I know he can be now.

Then, he almost died. Well I guess he did die at least twice. I still didn't really know how that happened. I was told that his heart stopped like it, or he, just gave up the fight. But before they could even try to shock him to restart his heart, it just started up again. The doctors have never seen that happen before.

Now that we have been home for a while, he has decided to TELL me, that he wants to be put down. After everything he has been throw, I have been unable to let him out of my sight. It's been hard enough for me to put him down when I have to change him. But it was worth it.