08. Day 2 4of4

4044 words

    It took surprisingly less time then I thought to clear out the spare room. All be it most was already in boxes. And most of those boxes had to do with my business. So most was paperwork. But with the help I got from Kennith, it did go quicker. While he was whipping off boxes and doing the cleanup, I was moving the stuff out of that room and to the garage on to shelves where they should have been to begin with. Before I finished taking the last thing out of that room, he had grabbed the vacuum and was using it. To see what looked like a little kid doing that was quite funny and cute at the same time. But he insisted and wouldn't let me take over.

    It was almost dinner time and we were now standing in an empty room. One door led to the hallway. One window that was a little above his head was directly across from the door. To the left was a closet, and to the right, a blank wall. It was not much. It was a small room. But for some odd reason, he was smiling. The crib, toys and clothes Sam brought for him were in the hallway. I figured if we were this close to being done, might as well bring that stuff in and set it up for him today.

    The bed was first and I had him decide where it should go. Right under the window against that wall is where it was put. With it there he was able to stand up on it and look out the window. I thought about how it would look at night. On a clear night he would be able to sleep looking at the stars and the moon. That should let him sleep in pease. As for the clothes, that was easily. Half of the closet was a built in dresser. The other half was for hanging clothes. Unfortunately I had no hangers for little kid clothes. I would have to fix that soon. But for now, all the clothes that he had would be folded and put in the dresser.

    The naked white walls of this room didn't need new paint. But I thought they were to bare for him. I thought that a nice forest seen would make this room look a lot better. The hardwood floor would need at least some carpet so his feet wouldn't get cold come winter. Even an area rug would work. I would have to talk to him later about that. But for right now, it was time to find something to get in his tummy.

    He was standing on the bed looking out the window while I put his clothes away. He was still there when I walked to him. He really did look like a little kid standing in his crib just then. "Kennith?" I said gently as to not scare him. He still jumped a little but turned to me. "Are you ready for some food?" I asked and he thought for only a second before he nodded. He looked down at the floor before he did something I thought he wouldn't do. He reached his arms out to me just like a little kid wanting me to carry him. I smiled a little and picked him up. "You know, you don't have to play the little kid around me. But if you like being treated this way, I have no problems with that." He shrugged in my arms and whispered a single word. "Easier"

    I could understand how it could be easier for him. He was small and looked like a child. Most of the time I had a hard time thinking of him as an adult. So it would be easier for me to treat him as a child. Is that why he said easier? Was it meant to make it easier for me? Or for him? As I walked down the stairs I asked him just that. He didn't answer right away. When we entered the kitchen is when he answered me. Again in a whisper because that's all he could do without coughing, he said "Both". So easier for him because of his size. And easier for me also because of how he looked. I had a feeling there was more to his answer then that. But for right now that had to wait.

    Before anything else happened I walked us to the sink and set him on the counter. I noticed he was a little wet, but I thought that could wait until after dinner. I turned on the water making sure it wasn't to hot for him. Then, I had us both wash up. Our hands really needed a good washing after all that we did today. I was going to give him a bath after dinner. Or a shower if he preferred that. I figured he would be a little messy after the dinner I was going to prepare for us. Most, if not all people his size would need a bath after spaghetti. I myself would have to wash my face and hands at least after I eat the stuff.