Chapter 5

Booze
1992
Adinas POV

Finally coming home after the long and boring ass day at school I listened to the same album by ice cube that I was listening to on the way to the bus this morning.

I had made it late to school this morning and my math teacher got on my ass about it... . I already don't like the girl and it was only my first day.

I was already havin a bad day because of my dad and then on the bus some weird old guy kept staring at me and there was a loud ass baby right next to me. My day hadn't even started yet and I was already feeling over stimulated. My dad, Marshall, that creepy guy, the baby, the ignorant and immature students at school that wouldn't shut the fuck up, and my damn math teacher. I just wanna take a fucking nap, yo.

As I got closer to my trailer home door, I heard loud noises coming from inside through my headphones.

I took my headphones off allowing me to hear better and I started hearing inaudible screaming.

My eyebrows drew together. Hell is going on?

I started to slightly panic because I knew my mother got home a few hours ago and my father doesn't go to work until a couple hours.

Meaning the only people that should be inside is my mom and dad..

I speed walked to the front door, putting my Walkman into my backpack before attempting to open the door but it was locked.

Why the hell would they lock the fucking door.. they know I don't have the house key yet.

I jogged around the trailer home going to the back door and to my luck, it opened. The loud noises only becoming 10x louder than they were before I came in.

Shouting, the sounds of glass shattering, and random thuds filled my ears.

My heart began racing knowing exactly what the hell was going on. My eyes watered and my blood boiled with both fear and anger.

I threw my backpack off running down the hallway to the living room.

The place looked a fucking mess... that could be the least of my concern though.

"Dina, call the police!-" My mother shouted with a strained voice making me snap my head towards them.

My mom was pushed up against the wall with my father's large hands around her neck, tears falling from her eyes, and her face tinted red under her dark brown skin.

The scene left me shocked.

"What the fuck?!!" I hollered, immediately running towards them trying to get my dad off of my mom, only to have him not budge once and push me to the ground.

"Don't call nobody, lil girl. Stay the fuck outta this shit!" My father's low, deep, loud voice rumbled through the house.

Completely ignoring what my father said, I got up as fast as I could running towards the house phone that's attached to the wall in the kitchen. I could hear my father cuss as he realizes I did the opposite of what he demanded and then I hear a horribly loud thud. I knew something bad happened but we would get no help unless I stay here and called the police.

Quickly dialing 911, I bit my lip nervously. "Cmon, cmon, cmon." I spoke under my breath, gripping the phone tightly.

"What the fuck did I just tell you, child?!" My father's heavy feet stormed into the kitchen.

He bolted towards me so quick I didn't have time to think about what to do. My heart rate at a dangerous speed and in complete fear as his sudden actions made my heart drop.