Chapter 9

Hostile
1992
Marshall's POV

I walked to pretty much the back of the trailer park, heading to Adina's home.

I'd been occupied with a lot of shit lately. Mostly Kim.. after I found her with that dude at the gas station... I know she saw and heard me, but she just tried to act like she didn't fuckin know me.

Even though there weren't many people... I didn't wanna cause a scene... I was heated as fuck though, but I was also sleepy as fuck and physically couldn't let my feelings take over like how they usually do.

When I came back out of the store.. she was no longer there.

Me and Deshaun had gotten back home, and I was up all night long... thinking about who the hell that guy was and what she was doing with him and what I should do about the situation.

Eventually, I was just like... fuck it. And I walked to her crib.. I wasn't even expecting her to be at her house cause maybe she knew I'd be coming over there after seeing her with that dude.... But nah, she was very much there... and let me tell you somethin'... after she opened her door, a lot of shit went down.. A lot.

All imma say is that we back together.

But I'm just coming to Adina's house to see if she's alright. I know I haven't seen or talked to her since the hospital a week ago, and I wanna see how her mom's doin' and what's up with her father.

I knock on her door, waiting for an answer. They should be home because I see her car still here.

A black guy with an Afro answered the door.

Who is this?...

My eyebrows slightly drew together as I was expecting Adina or her Mom.

Is this the right trailer home?

I turned my head looking at the number... 150.. it read..

Ok..

"Uh.. what's up, dawg?" The guy spoke, encouraging me to say something instead of standing there like a weirdo.

"My bad, uhm... is- is Adina here?" I tried peaking inside.

"Who are you?"

...nah, who are you, mothafucka??

"I'm Marshall.. me and Adina is cool."

"Adina's in the bathroom right now,...you can wait inside I guess." He pointed inside.

"Yea, yeah. 'Preciate it." I walked through the door as the guy closed it behind me.

"We kinda workin' on school work right now. Don't mind da mess."

Adina's either a senior in high school or she's in college. That's what's up.

Science, math, English books, and papers scattered the coffee table.

"It's all good." Both me and the guy plopped down on the couch. "What's ya name, yo?"

"Angelo."

Punk ass name.

"So are your like, her study partner or whatever?"

"Yea, yea, I bring and take her work from and to school and if she needs any help I come and work on it with her. I only live down the street from her so it ain't ever a hassle." He leaned back on the couch.

I nodded. "That's wassup, that's wassup."

So I'm guessing Adina can't be at school right now since her Ma is still healing and she's gonna need help.