Chapter 15

Hes Back
1992
Adina's POV

"I appreciate yall for stoppin' by.. and thank you babies so much for the gifts." Mama P smiles.

Me and Marshall just dropped everything off at Mama P's room, we had gotten Deshaun some snacks too, since he said he was gonna stay here for a few days or so.

"Yea, thank yall." Deshaun looks between both me and Marshall which who sits at the chair further away from me.... He's been distant with me and shit since we came back from Mama P's house... maybe he just feels awkward right now....I do too.

He'll come around. I'm sure.

"Of course, yo. It's no problem." Marshall responds before he gets up, getting ready to leave.

"Yall got everything you need? Are you guys gonna need any more company? Any more food? Water? I can come by and bring whatever you'd like. Do you need more blankets Mama P?-"

"No, no, no, honey..." She chuckles. "...I'll be quite alright, I promise. You don't have to worry."

"I know... I just wanna make sure yall are comfortable." I get up from my seat.

"You're the sweetest, but we're okay. Guaranteed, darlin'.... Now come and gimmie some suga before you leave."

I smile giving Mama P a hug in her bed and a kiss on the cheek.

"You too Marshall, get ya ass on ova here." She chuckles as I pull away from the hug so Marshall can have space.

"Alright, I love yall."

"We love you too, Mama P." I speak for both me and Marshall. "Love you, Deshaun. Call me if you need anything."

"Fasho, drive safe." He throws up a peace sign before we leave Mama P's hospital room, closing the door.

Me and Marshall walk down the hallway, eventually getting to an elevator... we're on the 53rd floor... so it's gon take a minute.

"What's up with you, Marshall?" I ask as I press the ground floor button in the elevator.

"Hm?" He doesn't even reply with words... he's been doing this.

"..Like are you mad at me?... about the kiss? I'm sorry, Marsh-"

"Nah. I ain't mad." He shrugs.

"Okay, then why do I feel distance from you?"

"You don't."

"How the hell is you gon' tell me?!"

"Don't raise ya voice." He continues to sound nonchalant.

"...Marshall, can you just be upfront wit me?"

He exhales roughly. "...Aight,... ion wanna be around you no more." He shrugs.

The hell??

"Fuck you mean??"

"I mean, I'm over playin games witchu. Like, what ever the fuck is goin on between us is done, dawg..."

"I don't get it."

"The fuck do you not get? A dudes gotta stop trying after a while..."

"Trying what?!" I begin to get frustrated.

"Tryin' to hit it." He speaks straightforwardly.

What the hell??

"You just don't wanna come around with shit and I ain't finna wait for nobody like you. That's all I'm sayin'." He shrugs.

This same shit happened with Angelo today! What the fuck?!

...but only it's different... I actually have feelings for Marshall....