Chapter 29

Manager
1995
Adina's POV
*TW*

"Deshaun still ain't called or answered any calls lately?" I ask, feeling sad about the thought of Deshaun as im seated in the passenger's seat about to go inside to my job.

And about my father still, I'm beyond dismayed by it...

I woke up the next morning and my dad was still on the couch with empty bottles of beer on the side table. I had to clean up everything so my mom wouldn't find it... I'm just hoping it'll be a one time thing instead of a full on mid life crisis. My heart skips beats thinking about this shit.

Marshall could sense I felt a bit off on the phone last night before I went to bed, as well as when I got in his car this morning. Still, I told him I was alright; I didn't want to make it too much of a big deal.

I fear it is though.

"Nah...im debating on goin' to his crib soon, yo. This shit's been makin' me hella anxious." Marshall's head shakes slightly, accompanied by a frustrated exhale that hollows his cheeks.

Man, Deshaun ain't been talkin' to nobody lately... fuck, yo... what we did really pissed him the fuck off... and I fully and completely understand why he's mad. I really do, and I couldn't apologize enough.

But a damn answer on the phone wouldn't hurt, yo. I just wish I could talk to him again. The past little over a week that we haven't talked feels more like months to me. This situation is only reminding me of when I moved to Texas, and we fell out due to the long distance but this time it's due to Deshaun's feeling of betrayal, shock, and even devastation...

"Ay, it'll be aight though." Marshall reassures... I treasure Deshaun and I's friendship and I'm sure Marshall does just as much as I do. So, it definitely hurts to have him feel so disappointed in us.

"I fuckin' hope so.....it's your damn fault." I playfully roll my eyes.

"How?!" Marshall exclaims with a slight smirk.

"You was all up on me and shit, M-"

"How the fuck could I not be?! Look at you." Marshall looks me up and down, making me blush as I roll my eyes once again, looking away from him, trying to hide my smile.

"...Is you blushin?" He teasingly asks shoving a finger into my arm.

I shake my head no.

"Yea you are." His facetious tone only makes me blush more.

"No I ain't."

"Uh huh."

"Nuh uh- Ahh!" Marshall's hands cut off my denial by tickling me only making the little smile I had turn into a full on laugh attack. "Marshall, chill out now!" I beg as I flinch away from his hands and shut my eyes closed.

His hands stop tickling me right before his lips make an impact into mine leaving a wet kiss on my mouth, interjecting my laughter.

"I love you, Dina." He leans in for another but I wipe my lips off only because I know I'll get a reaction out of him.

Marshall's eyebrows draw together, bucking his head back in an offended manner before he gets the bright idea to attack my face, lips, and neck with his wet kisses making me squeal and giggle.

When he gets towards my neck, more behind my ear, the sensation makes me feel docile and weak from the pleasure of it. My squeals sounding more strained and the tone of it turning more into a moan.

I push Marshall away from me. "Chill, boy." I point a finger at him cause he knows he did that on purpose... I'm not sure what it is but when he kisses me in that specific spot, it can make me go absolutely insane.