Chapter 40

Havoc                                        
1995
Marshall's POV

I finally had finished my shift...it was hitting midnight now.

I had to make it inside as quickly as possible cause I ain't want no problems around this area.. shit gets real at night time.

So I parked my car in the parking lot, I turned the engine off, made sure to lock the doors, hopped out and then made my way to the stairs.

The air was cold as fuck, almost reachin the beginnin' of February... Even though I had on a beanie and a jacket, I still shivered as I could see my warm breath float from my mouth into the cold still air.

I was tired as shit and was so fuckin' ready to go to bed, yo... I was gonna go and check up on Deshaun but I got no damn energy in me right now. I could barely make it up the stairs.

I'm hopin' someone will answer the door quick enough. Ion even know if Bugz is awake.. or if his roommate is there.

He didn't seem to be when I left...but ion know.

I finally made it all the way to the third floor before I walked down the hallway to the last door.

I knocked on it once, but no one had answered.

Grumbling under my breath in exhaustion and irritation I tried knocking again.

Still no answer.

I tried knocking once more—Harder this time but before I could, I heard someone shout.

"I'm comin', hold up!" The person spoke from inside.

That's probably the roommate cause he don't sound like Bugz at all. I hope Bugz let him know I was comin'.

I waited for a moment until my ears perked up from the sound of the door knob being twisted.

The door opened as the guy peaked his head out.

Immediately, my eyebrows drew together..

"The hell is you doin' here, dawg?" Angelos voice immediately spewed hella attitude as he looked and sounded like he just woke up.

You gooottaaa be fuckin' kiddin me, yo..

No way.

"The hell is you doin here???" My voice rasped.

"Nigga, I live here! How'd you get this address?!"

"Bugz!"

"What the fuck is a Bugz?!!" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Mothafucka—Karnail!" I said Bugz' real name...I guess Angelo don't know him as Bugz.

"How the hell you know Karnail???"

"We do music and shit together, dawg—That's my homeboy, aight??...He gave me a place to stay for a minute—He told me he had a damn roommate but I ain't know it was yo bitch ass!" My voice raised using any last energy that I had.

"Who the hell is you callin' a bitch?!" Angelo opened the door fully, comin' out.

The mothafucka stepped to me like he was tryna start somethin'.

"Dawg, I ain't got the fuckin' time for this shit! I just came from work, yo! If you tryna start some shit just lemme know, dawg! I ain't here for all the fussin' and shoutin'! If you tryin' somethin, hit me, yo—Instead of actin like a fuckin' pussy!" I let any type of anger out that I been havin' towards him...without a fuckin' shame in the world. Fuck him.