Chapter 14

Vaseline
1992
Adina's POV

"Aight, so, what are we supposed to get outta here?" Me and Marshall walked into Mama Ps house.

"Prolly just some hygiene shit and maybe a couple change of clothes...And then later we can stop by the store and grab some flowers, you know.. just to uplift her spirits." I shrugged.

"Yea yea, for sure... We got like, a box to put everything in?"

"Yea, I got some plastic bags." I showed him the crumbled up ball of plastic bags in my hand.

"Aight, cool."

Scanning his face a lil bit- I already noticed this when I went to pick him up. But he looks stressed as shit!.. also Kim is much more of a bitch than I thought she was... Jesus Christ.

"You look horrible, Marshall, you aight?" I grabbed his chin, looking at his face more. Maybe he's sick or something.

"Damn, thank you." He responded sarcastically.

I chuckled.

"My bad... I just mean you look real sleepy and pale... ya eyes is red and shit and ya lips is chapped. You good?"

"I'm just hungover as shit. Last night was heavy night...and Kim woke me up from my sleep, yellin at me and all. And I'm stressed as fuck.. I'm not gon' lie."  He spoke slowly.

"...Damn.. have you eaten anythang?"

"Shit...nah."

"..Aight, well.. I can help wit ya chapped ass lips at least. If you try smilin', them hoes is gon' crack and start bleedin' and what the fuck not." I chuckled as I reached into my bag for some Vaseline.. I always keep the tiny container of Vaseline with me from the corner store everywhere I go.

It's a need.

"Damn, Dina...They ain't that chapped." A rush of air left his nose resembling laughter.

"Ohh, yes the fuck they are, M." I opened the tiny container, putting my pinky in it. "Aight, come here."

I rubbed the Vaseline all over his lips, tryna get rid of any cracks.

I could feel Marshall staring at me the entire fucking time.. I just try to ignore it .. cause I know good and well if I make any type of eye contact, it wouldnt be too good.

It just ain't a smart idea.

I shouldn't even be touching him, I'm just trying to help though.

But some-fuckin-how, some fuckin' way, my eyes still began to travel from his lips to his eyes, accidentally.

I stopped what I was doing, staring into his eyes...

they're so pretty and blue... I never realized that shit. Ugh, lord..

And his long eyelashes, they go so well with his eye color.

I need to break the eye contact right the fuck now... I'm scared he's gon' try some shit... not like scared of HIM... just scared that the feelings I had will ease back into me... they never really left I guess.

This can't happen right now. In the future for sure... but damn, Marshall... he makes it hard.

........

With in seconds my lips flew towards his but Marshall almost immediately backed away from me, pushing me away.

I hadn't realized my breathing was so heavy until now... all I could do was feel a little hurt from how he reacted though.