1

Another one?!

Layla frowned at the bouquet of flowers sitting on her island. She had no idea who set it up. She tried to call the police several times in the past, but they couldn't do anything about it. There was a card resting on the counter. It was a basic one with a simple exterior and no printed words on it. Inside, two letters were written, one on each side. It was always that way. Two letters for her two stalkers.

The first one said:

"We got these flowers for you. Hope they can bring a smile to that beautiful face of yours. You should smile more. I hope you think of us when you're with your husband later.

-L"

And the second one said:

"The beauty of these flowers pale in comparison to your beauty. You are the sun, the moon and the stars. The only light in my life. You are my heart, my soul, and my eternity. I love you, Layla.

-A"

She placed down the card with a sigh. It had been like that for the past year. It had started with small little gifts once in a while from a "secret admirer" to constant texts, letters, gifts. It was almost daily. She was being followed nearly everywhere during the day, and they visit her home during the night.

They're a strange pair of stalkers, Layla thought as her eyes swept over her newly clean apartment. They clean and do her chores almost every night, save for things like vacuuming that make a lot of noise.

"Mommy! The fairy left me another gift!"

Layla grimaced. The stalkers also occasionally left little candies or presents for her kids. They told her through texts and letters that they loved her so much, they had to show some care for her kids. They didn't seem like pedos to Layla, but she was always trying to be cautious.

She'd installed cameras all over her home, but they magically cut out during the hours the stalkers visit, making them useless. How they did that every night baffled her, but she couldn't do anything.

"Look! It's RAINBOW STICKERS" Her daughter, Sarah, squealed and bounced around giggling.

"TRACTOR! VRRRRR!" Her son, Brandon, roared as he played with his new tractor.

Layla smacked her forehead and groaned. What could she do? She even tried telling her husband about it, but he merely laughed at her.

"Why would anyone stalk you? You probably made it up for attention." He'd say.

That stupid, useless husband. And he was gone the majority of the time, too. Layla sighed and tucked the card away with the others. It was a box of evidence if she ever managed to make a case against them. Or if she got murdered, it was their lead.

Layla would never admit it, but she secretly enjoyed the attentions of these two mysterious stalkers. They did much more for her than her husband ever did. She should be horrified and scared by what they were doing, but for some reason, she wasn't.

She knew it was stupid to like the attention of a stalker, much less two, which was why she had reported then to the police and tried to do everything she could to stop them. It was futile however and she eventually stopped fighting it. She didn't give any indication that she liked their attention and she likely never would.