7

"Wait, so... does that mean..." Layla did some math in her head. "Aronim, when exactly did you start to stalk me, hm?"

He pressed a fist against his mouth and cleared his throat, still avoiding her gaze. "Um... right around... October.... of freshman year."

Layla smacked her thigh. "You only knew me a month before you started stalking me? And we were like what... fourteen?"

"You were three days away from your fifteen birthday when I followed you home for the first time." Aronin spoke softly, as if afraid to admit it.

"I remember you used to be so into photography and computer stuff..." her voice trailed off. She pressed the heel of her hand against her temple. "That makes so much fucking sense."

"You know, he took a month to begin stalking you. I saw you once and started." Luka said while rubbing her arms.

She tilted her head to the side. "And when was that?"

He flipped her arm over to the tattoo on her left forearm. "You were getting this when I first saw you. I was getting this one across the room." He pointed at one of the many tattoos on his left arm.

"Oh, no shit." Layla blinked in shock. She stared down at her hands for a few one moments. "Do you guys even realize how fucking trippy this is? Seriously fucked up shit. I'm just casually chatting with two guys who were stalking me. What even is life?"

"We can do something else if you'd prefer." Luka's voice lowered an octave and his hand slowly curled around her stomach and he pulled her back so she was flush against him.

Layla felt the heat rising in her face again. "No, no. Tell me, what the hell exactly do you expect from me? I'm still married and-"

Luka's grip tightened. "He's a fucking asshole who doesn't deserve you. You should divorce him."

Layla flinched. "He's the father of my children. I can't just easily leave him, you know. I've been trying to make it work with us and...."

"It hasn't been working." Luka finished for her. "It's not your fault, baby. He's just too much of a fucking idiot to understand how precious you are. And he got lucky nailing a hot as fuck woman like you. He doesn't deserve you."

He placed a kiss on her shoulder. "I love you, and I would never take you for granted. I'd make sure you felt happy and loved every day of my life. And if by some reason I fail," He pointed a finger at Aronin. "He can pick up where I left off. Not that I'm expecting to fail or anything. I'm confident in my abilities to keep you happy. He's just a backup."

Aronin sneered at Luka. "I can still tear apart your life any moment I want to."

"Does he have dirt on you?" Layla asked.

Luka chuckled. "Yeah, I used to run in the wrong crowd of people. Did a few illegal things."

"Oh really? You still do that shit?" She asked.

He shook his head. "No, I got out. It wasn't easy, but I did." He gently stroked her arm up and down.

"Why?"

"Well..." Luka nuzzled her cheek. "I met the cutest little girl and I wanted to be a better person for her."

Layla's heart flip flopped, but then she realized, "How is stalking qualified as being a better person? I wouldn't doubt if you quit all that stuff just to make more time to stalk me. I bet stalking takes up a lot of time."

He laughed softly. "Yes, it does. Hardly get any sleep 'cuz we have to be here at night to watch you sleep and do things for you, have to follow you during the day so we can make sure you're safe. It's a tough life. Made easier with two of us, but still rough."

She elbowed him in the ribs. "Then maybe don't stalk people?"

"Well, you're more than just 'people'. You're like a goddess to us."

She rolled her eyes at him, then glanced at Aronin, who had been standing in her doorway silently the whole time, content to simply watch her.

"Um, why don't you sit?" She asked him awkwardly.

He shuffled on his feet for a moment, then sat on the bed with his legs crossed.

"You still are as silent as you used to be, huh?"

His lips pressed together. "Does it bother you?" He asked in a near whisper.

She shook her head. "No, it's just the way you are. That's fine. But being a stalker bothers me." She frowned at him.

His eyes darted away then across the room, before slowly shifting back. "I can't stop."

"And why not?"

Aronin fidgeted with his sleeve. "You are my entire identity and my reason for living. Without you, I am nothing."

Layla frowned. "That's not true. You're still-"

"I'm nothing." He cut her off and spoke decisively, looking directly into her eyes as if to press the importance of his words. Then he looked down at his hands again and spoke a bit softer. "I'm nothing without you, Layla."

Layla shifted uncomfortably after his statement. The room fell silent for a few beats, then she asked, "What do you want from me? What do you expect from the rest of your life? Do you really want to stalk me forever?"

Aronin shrugged. "I don't care if that's my fate. Merely to watch you from a distance or behind a screen. Either way, I can't separate from you. Ideally...." He seemed to choke at the words.

Luka filled in. "Ideally, we both stay by your side forever as lovers."