8

Layla looked down as she processed the information. "I just don't see how... I guess I just don't understand why. Why do you guys like me? I mean, I'm twenty-five, I have two kids, I'm at a dead-end job and I'm honestly not all that interesting. Sure, I'm weird and all, but there's nothing else about me that's likable. Especially my appearance. I mean it's-"

"Stop talking." Aronin blurted with a frown, his brows pulling together. He almost seemed... angry.

Luka hugged her tighter. "You don't even know how perfect you are, do you?"

Aronin leaned forward the smallest bit, his eyes sparking with passion and obsession. "I hate so much when you put yourself down. You must be blinded not to see how truly perfect you are. You're a goddess, Layla. You shine so bright, it's nearly blinding. Everything about you. I could go on for hours about everything about you. From your appearance, to your personality, to your heart and your soul. There isn't a single part of you that's worthy of criticism. Everything you say, everything you do, everything you are is a blessing on this Earth."

Layla's mouth fell open. She had never known he was even able to talk that much, especially about her. But then again, he had been stalking her for ten years by that point, so it sort of made sense

Aronin's cheeks tinted pink and he leaned back and turned his face away.

"He's always been better with words than I am. But I completely agree with what he said. You're so captivating, Layla." Luka kissed her neck.

Just then, her phone rang.

Layla frowned and had to pry herself from Luka's arms to grab her phone. "Ah, shit." She said when she saw who was calling.

Luka took the phone from her hands and answered it, putting it on speaker. Layla gasped, thinking he was gonna say something, but he just winked at her and stayed silent.

"Layla, are you okay?" Nick's voice called out from the phone.

She glared daggers at Luka but took the phone from his hand and cleared her throat. "Ah, yeah, I'm fine. I just almost dropped something right as I answered so... but anyway, whats up?" She pressed the heel of her hand to her forehead. Luka rubbed her back soothingly.

"Right... well, uh, turns out I'm heading home early."

Layla flinched. Her head was down so she couldn't see the guys' expressions. "Oh really?"

"Yup. Some bastard filed a complaint against me for something stupid, so you know how rigorous the job is, so I'm home for a few days while they do an investigation. Maybe even a week or two."

She straightened her back and stared at her phone for a moment. "That's the longest you've been home in a long time." She said. She honestly wasn't looking forward to it.

She saw how deeply Aronin was frowning. Her back was facing Luka but she was glad she couldn't see his expression.

Luka's hands gripped her tightly and he pulled her back and his lips sealed over her neck and he sucked.

Layla placed her hand over her mouth to stop her reaction. She nearly moaned out loud. Luka licked the spot he just sucked on, then moved to a different spot and sucked her skin again, then gently bit it.

Layla elbowed him hard. He needed to stop.

"So, uh, when will you be home?" She asked.

"Probably in the next two hours or so." Nick replied. "This just fucking sucks. And you're making shit money from your job, so that's basically useless. Fuck, I'm so damn pissed." He ranted.