~8 - taming~

Dream waited for midnight once again, while secretly gathering some stuff he's gonna need for his plan to work. 'alright.' Dream though. 'i have.... Tacos.. flashlight..a book..my phone... And that's probably all!' Dream put some cozy clothes on and teleported out of the house.

He then went right into the forest, walking the same way once again. When he got there, he didn't see the purple creature anywhere, and even the crickets were making their sounds. Dream then just sat in the grass and read his book.

~timeskip~

An hour has passed since Dream sat in the grass. The thing was, that as Dream got deeper into his mind while reading, he didn't even notice that the crickets shut up like 10 minutes ago.

As Dream read his book, he felt something breathe very near him. His innocence made him think that it was just a wolf or a deer, so he reached his hand behind him and petted the thing. Suddenly, he heard a loud hiss, which made him feel like his soul skipped a beat.

Dream jumped out of his reading spot while gasping a bit, because the creature he was looking for, was behind him the whole time. When Dream got scared, the lamia got scared as well and disappeared into the bushes. Dream quickly looked around. He knew that the lamia was nearby, because of the crickets.

Dream slowly walked up to his bag where he had his stuff and grabbed a taco from there. He then walked in circles with the taco in hand, trying to find the creature. He heard some noises in a bush, so he walked over to it. Suddenly, he felt the breathing again, but instead of getting scared again, he slowly turned around. He was now standing only 2 meters in front of the large lamia.

The lamia looked at Dream and the taco he was holding. Dream slowly reached his hand out to the lamia. It curiously sniffed the hand and then took the taco that he held. When the lamia realized that it was food, his pupils widened as it consumed it. It looked at Dream and got a bit closer, making him slowly back away.

After a small while, Dream realized that the lamia was just hungry, so was asking for food. Dream got to his bag and took out another taco, giving it to the lamia right after. It quickly ate the food again. Dream wanted to know more stuff about the creature, so he grabbed his book about rare creatures and found the page with lamias.

"I wonder what gender you are." Dream asked as he read the page. He then saw a sentence say something about genders. „There are multiple ways of how to know a lamias gender, like checking its slit or its size..." Dream looked at the text again, but the lamia pushed him a bit with its head, wanting attention. "Hm? Oh you want food, alrighty!" Dream smiled and gave another taco to the purple creature.

After it finished eating, Dream tried to pet the lamia, but it only backed away a bit while hissing. "Sorry-" Dream awkwardly said while giggling a bit. Dream then looked at his book. 'female lamias are often around 7-9 feet long while male lamias are 9.4-12 feet long.' Dream thought as he read the same text over again.

He then looked at the large lamia behind him. "Well, I guess you're a male, you don't look like you are 7 feet long." Dream smiled. "I wonder if you have a name.." he smiled at the lamia. The lamia suddenly went to a pile of dirt and drew a big X in it. He then pointed at the X and himself. "You don't have a name?" Dream asked and the lamia disagreed. Dream looked at the X and started thinking.

"Is your name X?" the lamia shook his head as a no. "Hmmm, X symbolizes Cross.. is your name Jesus?" Dream asked and the lamia face-palmed. Dream thought for some minutes before answering.

"Oh! I got it! Your name is... Cross?" Dream said and the lamia nodded. "Wow, that's a cool name! I'm Dream, nice to meet you!" Dream smiled. He suddenly saw the lamia smile a bit. Dream tried petting the lamia once again, and this time, he succeeded.

The lamia rubbed its head against Dream's hand, with Dream giggling softly. Dream wanted to give Cross another taco, but there wasn't any left, so he decided to go home and get some more. "Wait here Cross, I will bring some more food to you alright?" Dream said and petted the lamia again.

Cross confusingly looked around as Dream left.

~timeskip~

When Dream got to the star's base, he went right to the kitchen to get tacos. The sounds of opening the fridge and stuff woke up Ink, who secretly watched Dream. When Dream got the food he needed, he went right to the front door, but gasped as he opened it.

 When Dream got the food he needed, he went right to the front door, but gasped as he opened it

(Art by me)

And the worst thing was, that Ink was watching....