~9 - a problem~

"Cross what are you doing here-!?" Dream panicked as he stared at the large lamia. Cross confusingly tilted his head, not knowing what he did wrong. He just picked Dream up, and searched for food. Suddenly, ten black bones hit Cross' tail, making him hiss loudly.

"Dream get away from that creature before it hurts you-!!" Ink shouted as he grabbed his brush. Cross stared at the small skeleton for a while, but then put Dream down and hissed at Ink. He ran towards Ink with his mouth open, wanting to bite Ink with his fangs. Ink quickly dodged and drew a few sharp bones, that cut Cross' body.

If the fight wasn't that serious, it would be pretty funny. Ink thought that Cross wanted to hurt Dream, so tried to protect him, and Cross thought the same, but about Ink. Dream tried to think of something that would stop that fight, so he did what a very normal person would do....

He grabbed a rock and bonked Ink's head with it, making him fall unconscious on the ground.

Cross tried to attack ink once more, but Dream stopped him and picked Ink up. He then carried him to his room and led Cross away.

"Alright Cross, I'll go home now, but you have to stay here, okay?" Dream said as he did a few steps back. "Stay.. staaayyy.... Cross no you gotta stay here-!" Dream groaned as the lamia curiously followed him. Dream then got an idea. He sat in the grass, with the lamia curling up around him right after.

Dream slowly petted Cross' head and tail, until he fell asleep. He then grabbed a cozy blanket he got with him and covered Cross with it. Dream then teleported home and put his pajamas on. He got in his bed and went to sleep, thinking that everything's fine now.

. . .

But what if Ink will remember what happened?

What if he wasn't the only one spying on Dream that night?

...well, we'll find out in the next chapters.