Pillow Talk

They had laid there in the dark room for hours, exchanging soft kisses and gentle caresses. The two of them simply wanted to enjoy the time away from the outside world. Here there were no opposing sides trying to kill each other. In the apartment there was just the two of them, together. 

But as morning got closer, Y/N knew she would have to leave soon if she was to make it back home before the sun was up. She started to pull away from Jungkook, but was unsuccessful. 

"Where are you going?" His arms squeezed tighter around her. 

"The sun will be out soon, and I don't feel like bursting into flames today."

"So then just stay here."

She looked over to the large window across the bedroom, "Your place isn't exactly vampire safe."

Jungkook let go of her as he got out of the bed. Y/N appreciated the view of his entirely naked body while he walked over to the window. He pulled the curtains closed, and encased them in complete darkness. 

"I had these curtains special made. A side effect from growing up in the dark is my dislike for the sun. It's too bright and it hurts my eyes."

She tried to think of another reason to leave, but when she came up with nothing, she decided to stay, "Fine, but if I'm going to stay, I want to know your name."

"I told you already, it's-"

"Your actual name." She cut him off before he could give his terrible fake name. 

He softly laughed as he got into bed again, and pulled her against his chest, "If I tell you my name, will you tell me yours?"

"I suppose I could do that."

"My name is Jungkook."

She found his eyes in the dark knowing he couldn't see her with his poor human vision. Although he was somehow staring right back into hers.

"Can you see me?"

"I guess it's another side effect of living in darkness. Now, your name."

"Y/N."

"I definitely prefer that over the Blood Siren."

"Well don't get used to using it. I haven't spoken my real name in centuries."

"Centuries? Just how old are you?"

"If I tell you, you'll find out I'm far too old for you." She mindlessly played with his long hair, following the curls at the back of his neck. 

"Maybe I like my women a little bit older." He went down to her neck, placing small kisses.

"I became a vampire in the year sixteen-fourteen, at the age of twenty-six."

"So you're one of the oldest vampires still alive."

"There's some older ones that are still around, but yes."

"Why did you become a vampire?" Jungkook wanted to understand her. He couldn't see why anyone would want to be a monster.

"Why did you become a Hunter?"

He laughed as his lips followed her skin up to her jawline, "Why would you assume I became one by choice?"

"Because you assume I became a vampire by choice."

"Then explain to me how you came to be this. I want to know you." He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"My family was poor, I was sold off to a woman by the name of Elizabeth Bathory, later known as the Blood Countess. I was her servant for seven years before I died. While everyone was hunting down Dracula, she was the real monster. No one bothered to look at a human woman when young girls started going missing. They blamed the vampires every time."

"What was she doing with the girls?"

"She would kill torture them, kill them, drain their blood and then bathe in it. She believed it kept her young. In her mind, the blood would make her immortal just like a vampire."

"Why didn't she just become a vampire?"

"I'm not sure. I never bothered to ask. As a human, I was scared, weak, and quiet. I kept my head down so I wouldn't get beat. Asking too many questions would get me in trouble."

"So how does this lead to you being a vampire?"

"One day, there was a girl who got away. The Countess was punished by being locked away in her own mansion, left there to starve to death. Her servants were punished along with her, for our aid in her crimes. Little did we know, there was a vampire among us. I unknowingly consumed her blood before I died a about a week later. When I woke up, she was the only one still alive. The others hadn't died of starvation and weakness like I had. They had been drained of their blood for her own appetite. She saved a little for me to drink to complete my transition."

"Why were you the only one she saved?"

"She claimed she was in love with me. Not wanting to die, I went along with it. I only had to pretend to share her feelings for a few years. She was eventually killed by some hunters."

"So then how did you end up in this operation? Are you at the top of it?"

"No working allowed right now, Jungkook. I'm not giving you any information on my work."

He smiled, "Fine. When we're alone, none of that exists." He entertained his fingers with hers, and she swore she felt her heart start to beat again. 

She quickly pushed the feeling aside, and tried not to think about it too much, "How did you become a hunter?" But it was hard to ignore the emotions stirring inside of her when his thumb ran circles on the back of her hand.

"My mom was killed by a vampire, and I saw the whole thing happen. I was so scared and I just sat there. I don't even think I cried. I was just frozen. He was about to come for me, but then the police broke the door down and he disappeared. I guess there was noise complaints from when my mom tried to fight him off. Luckily Jin hyung was there, and he took me before the police could ask me questions. He knew I had obviously seen too much. Instead of putting me into the foster care system, the guys raised me like their own brother. As I got older and I learned more about the world, I swore I would kill the vampire that took my mother's life. So I started training. This is what I've been doing ever since."

"Have you found him?"

"Not yet." He looked deep in thought, and there was pain and disappointment for himself in his eyes. 

"You know, it's possible he's already dead. You could be hunting down a ghost."

"I've considered that. But there's still a chance he's out there, so I can't stop."

"What about your dad?"

"I never knew him. I just know his last name. For some reason, my mom still gave me his."

"It must have meant something. Maybe she was hoping they would be together someday."

"I'm not sure, every time I've looked up the name, I can't find anything."

"What is it? Maybe I've heard of it."

"Jeon."

Y/N's world stopped. She did know the last name, and she knew it well.