Lone Wolf

The street was cold and lonely, unusual for a Friday night in Busan. A breeze was making more clouds roll in, bringing more rain with them. It was a new moon, making it extra dark. But it didn't bother Y/N at all. The darker the better, so she could hide in the shadows.

Y/N was conflicted and her head kept returning to what Jungkook had said. She knew he was right about everything. They were the same. She was afraid of being hurt. The reputation she held was all her own doing. 

She wanted nothing more than to run away with him, to leave everything behind. She'd go anywhere with him if she wouldn't be hunted down. The business she was in was unforgiving and they would never just let her leave, even if she did have someone to replace her. She was their top producer, she would have to die for them to ever let her go. And would he even agree to it? Jungkook said it himself, he hated her. Y/N needed to push it aside and act as if it didn't affect her, but it did. It made her angry and it hurt. This was the exact reason she refused to get close to anyone. People couldn't be trusted no matter what species they were. When it came to giving your heart to someone, they were all monsters in the end, even humans. In fact, Y/N had seen more human monstrosities than anything else.

Regardless, she just wanted to turn around and run straight into his arms. Her blood yearned for him, as if they were connected. She didn't dare consider that maybe sharing blood had bonded them like it would vampires. But she couldn't shake the feeling that the farther away she walked, the more it hurt to be away from him. Just like the day he left the apartment. She had thought she was going mad and insane. She had cried, something she hadn't allowed herself to do often or if ever. The tears rolled down her face and she couldn't stop them. After that she had become almost numb until she got used to him not being around. 

How could a mere human make her feel like this? She couldn't stand it. It was just another reason to be angry.

Her internal turmoil distracted her from her surroundings and without warning, someone was coming at her from behind. Luckily she was able to dodge out of the way at the last second. Once she turned to see her attacker, she immediately recognized him from the first time her club was invaded. It was the werewolf with a boxy grin. 

"Unwise to attack me on a night with no moon, isn't it?"

"I don't need the moon to take you on. I can kill you in my human form."

She snickered, "Your over confidence will be the thing that kills you. You may be strong, but not being able to shift puts you at a major disadvantage. I have no doubts you could still have a fair fight with an ordinary vampire. But I'm no ordinary vampire. I'm very old and therefore very strong."

"I know exactly who you are, Siren. You can't scare me off with words."

"I see Jungkook gave away my identity. Here I was keeping the Crucifier's secret. What a shame the two of us weren't on the same page."

The wolf looked confused, "How do you know-"

"His name? I know a lot more than that. In fact, I know how he tastes, his skin and his blood. Jungkook can say the same for me too."

"No, you're lying!"

"I have no reason to lie to you, mutt. The whole time Jungkook was away, he was with me."

Tae growled and lunged for her again, but he was too slow. She was right, he wasn't at his full potential. She knew werewolves drew their power from the moon and there wasn't one tonight. It would be even easier to kill him than usual. But she didn't want to kill him, she wanted to send a message. She was tired of these hunters and she wanted them off her back.

She moved out of his way and quickly took her position behind him. Grabbing into his fluffy hair, she slammed his head into the wall of a building. One, two, three times. His vision had spots in it as he fell to the ground. 

"Tae!"

Y/N looked up to find an orange haired man running to them, "Don't come any closer! I'll kill him!" She crouched down next to Tae, grabbing a hand full of his hair again, ready to smash his face into the ground if Jimin came any closer.

"The others will notice we're both not with them. They'll follow us and then you won't be able to get away from all seven of us. Let him go, and I'll make sure you can get away. Just don't kill him."

"And why should I do that? I could kill him and still get away," she laughed, "I could kill you too while I'm at it."

"If you kill us, Jungkook will never forgive you."

She was curious how he knew about the two of them. He couldn't have heard what she said to the wolf. Fairies didn't have hypersensitive hearing, "Why would I care what Jungkook thinks?"

"Because I know about the two of you. I've had my suspicions for a while. So for him, don't do this."

That was another reason she refused to let anyone in, because people could hold it against you. People would expect things of you. It just fueled her already seething anger, "Fine. I won't kill him, but you'll wish I did."

And before Jimin could say anything else, she stood and slammed her boot right into the middle of Tae's back, making the wolf scream out in agony.

"No!" Jimin screamed and ran forward. By the time he closed the distance to Tae, she had ran away into the night, "Tae stay with me!" Jimin started to cry as his barely conscious best friend kept crying out in pain on the cold, wet ground. Jimin knew better than to try to move him on his own with a broken back, "Help! Someone please help!" He hoped one of their brother's would hear his cries, "Anyone!"

"Jimin..." Tae sobbed."

"It's okay. I'm right here I'm not going anywhere." Jimin's tears streamed down his face. 

"She said... Jungkook... it can't be...he wouldn't..."

In efforts to make his best friend, his soul mate feel less pain in any way, he lied, "No Tae. It isn't true," he sniffled, "She was just trying to get into your head to tear us apart."