Emotions

Tangled in her red satin sheets, Jungkook pretended to be asleep as Y/N slowly slid out of bed. He had come back here with her last night, and stayed with her well past the early morning, knowing he wasn't ready to face his brothers. What was he supposed to tell them? They were going to want explanations and answers that Jungkook didn't have. Plus he couldn't stand to see Tae right now. He knew that the guilt would eat him alive. So instead, he forgot about the rest of the world and indulged in the pleasures of the siren. 

He slowly opened his eyes to admire her body as she dressed herself. Her back was to him, making her oblivious to the fact he was awake. Jungkook wasn't sure where she was going but he already knew he was going to follow her.

Y/N began to turn around so he quickly closed her eyes. He could feel her presence get closer to him, and he remained completely still as she leaned down, to softly kiss him on the cheek. The display of affection was different, and unlike her, giving him the sense that something was wrong.

As soon as he was sure she left the room, he quietly left the bed and put his clothes on, making sure to grab the stake he had brought with him. Jungkook wasn't sure where he was following her to, but he was positive it would come in handy.

"How much longer until all the product is loaded?" Y/N was trying to hold it together, for the sake of getting work done. She knew she was leaving with one of these large yachts. Usually a quick business trip didn't bother her. But this time felt different, there was an underlying hostility in the letter she received that demanded her presence. Y/N knew Mr. Jeon, the boss of the entire operation, wasn't pleased with her. She knew she had been too distracted with her new favorite Hunter. 

"The last of the blood bags are being packed up now."

Y/N stood next to the girl that had been with her well over a century, "You know what happens if I don't come back, YeongJa."

"I do."

"Do you think you're ready for that? To take my place?"

"You've taught me so much. I'll make you proud."

She nodded, "I know you will. Keep everyone working until I'm back. If I don't return in a week, the club is yours."

"What about... the Hunter? What do I say if he comes looking for you?"

Y/N paused. What did she want YeongJa to tell Jungkook? "You're the only one who knows what had transpired between the two of us, and even if I'm killed... I'd like it to stay that way. I can't have my reputation tainted. As for him, tell him the truth. That I'm gone."

The breeze picked up, carrying a familiar scent, "I think you can tell him yourself."

Y/N turned to see her Hunter leaned against an empty shipment container, out of sight from the other vampires. She sighed, Y/N didn't do goodbyes, and she definitely didn't want to deal with this one.

"YeongJa, make sure everyone keeps working. And keep them away from this area."

"Yes, Siren."

Y/N approached Jungkook slowly, half expecting him to attack her in attempts to stop tonight's shipment. But instead when she made it to him, his lips crashed against hers and she was wrapped into his arms. She could feel all of his emotions in that one kiss. It was longing and hungry, sad and disappointed, angry and confused. She didn't want to deal with any of this. She didn't want to face her own storm of emotions.

He pulled away, leaving their foreheads pressed together. Without opening his eyes to look at her, he spoke, "You're leaving without saying goodbye."

She took a moment before she responded, "It's easier for us both if I disappear. Things have only become complicated. I've become too distracted because of you, and now I'm in trouble with the boss. I need to go face him and deal with the consequences..." she was quiet again, "Manipulating men into doing what I want is nothing new for me, and I've manipulated you enough for you to turn your back on your brothers. I thought that's what I wanted... but it's hurting you."

"Run away with me."

She pulled away from him, "What?!"

"Let's go. Anywhere. Just me and you."

"Are you crazy? I'll be hunted down. You'll be hunted down. We would be living on the run for the rest of your life."

"So what. We'd be together. Y/N... I love you. I want us to be together."

"Stop."

"I refuse to fight this any longer."

"I told you I don't do emotions. They make you weak. Look at you! You're ready to give up your entire life and turn your back on all your morals just because you think you love-"

He cut her off with another kiss, "Even if you can't say it out loud now, I know you feel the same way. And I'm willing to wait for the day that you can finally admit it."

Her voice was soft as she whispered, "Even if it's on your death bed in eighty years?"

"Even then."

She shook her head, "I don't want that. Our lives aren't meant to be lived together. I refuse to live on the run. I'm no victim."

"Then think about it. I'll let you go deal with whatever it is you need to deal with. But I'm expecting you to come back. Don't disappear from my life. I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth. Got that?"

She gave him a tender kiss on the lips, "Got it. Promise me... you'll go make things right with your brothers. If I can't make it back... you need to stay with them. You were meant to be a Hunter."

"I promise. But you'll be coming back. We'll be together again."

She nodded, knowing very well the consequences for her lack of attention to the business may be death. Regardless of how much she would fight back, the boss and his son were still older than her, and still much stronger. 

Jungkook took his leather jacket off, placing it on her shoulders, "Keep my scent with you. It'll remind you what you're coming back for."

She laughed under her breath, "And get me in more trouble."

"I'm sure you can come up with some excuse as to why you have it." He leaned down and kissed her again, "Goodbye, Y/N."

"Goodbye, Jungkook."

She quickly left him in the shadows, and as she boarded the yacht, only then did she let a few tears roll down her cheeks.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season! Thank you for your continued support on this story. There's only about 2 chapters left!