Fucking Rainbow Flowers

Brock rowed his boat, hearing the gentle splashes of the others around him. Dooo was sitting behind him, neither having a double and figuring it'd be easier to just share. Brock missed Moo's commentary behind him, the light teasing he used to do of everyone else's rowing techniques.

His favorite to roast was Daithi and Evan, Brock always having trouble keeping his laughs quiet as his doubles mouth ran.

Dooo was very quiet, fingers of one hand tapping on the wood of the boat while the other trailed the waves. Brock was almost uncomfortable, hearing everyone else chatter to their doubles while he and Dooo sat quietly.

Too many times Brock considered saying something to the other, but would lose his courage before he opened his mouth. What could he even say?

"There!" Jaren called, pointing at a red beacon in the distance. Brock watched as Dooo's face tensed, eyes sad as he stared at the light. That Brock could understand, having felt the same when he'd seen their beacon just a few hours before.

They docked their boats about 20 minutes later, Jaren and Smii7y climbing out first to stare wide eyed at the buildings around them. Dooo climbed out, eyes on a simple white building in the distance, Brock following his gaze.

One by one everyone climbed out, Dooo looking at Brock pleadingly. Brock just nodded, not looking or saying anything to anyone around him as he and Dooo slipped away from the crowd unseen.

Dooo led him to a cluster of trees, an obsidian headstone sitting next to a aspen tree with a guitar carved into it. Dooo let out a silent sob, kneeling next to the gravestone.

Brock stayed back, eyes on the shadows around them. It'd been 5 years, he knew Dooo needed this. He struggled with only a month, he couldn't imagine how Dooo felt.

"Hi Eric," Dooo whispered, taking a cloth from his bag and starting to clean 5 years of dust and dirt off the gravestone. "We met some new people, they went through the same we did. It's been 5 years, can you imagine that? They got me back here, back to you."

Brock swallowed, heart aching at the whisper. "I never forgot you, I promise. I learned the guitar for you, and I play videos online. I live with Jaren and Smii7y, I couldn't go to your parents like you wanted me to. How could I? I'm not you," Dooo whispered, hands trembling as he wiped the headstone.

Brock looked away as he heard a rustle, shoulders tensing as he slid his sword out silently. He heard a chitter and bared his teeth, moving silently into the trees. He didn't go too far, not wanting Dooo to be left unprotected, but he didn't have to go far.

The spider jumped out of the shadows, Brock instinctively diving aside and rolling to his feet. He whirled around and sliced quick, chopping three of the spiders legs off. He swung again, slicing the spider in half.

It crumpled to the ground, bleeding out. Brock paused, knowing where one spider was there was more. Sure enough, two chitters were heard and he dove to a tree as a mass of spider webbing flew at him.

He rolled to his feet, catching that red glow from where the spiders stood in the shadows. He attacked, spinning his sword without hesitation. His body fell into familiar motions, moving fluidly even though it'd been a month since he'd held his sword.

The spiders died fast, Brock pausing a moment with his sword glittering in his hand. Once he was certain that was it, he grinned to himself as he carefully wiped his blade and put it away, moving back to where Dooo was standing, looking around curiously.

"Where'd you go?" He asked and Brock gestured behind him. "Some spiders attacked, I took care of them. You doing okay?" He asked and Dooo smiled faintly, eyes moving to linger on the gravestone.