A Fucking Whirlwind

Dooo stared at his house, waiting for everyone to climb out of their boats and tether them down. His mind was a mess, having seen Brock bring Moo back. It was possible, it was happening.

He was getting Eric back.

A hand landed on his shoulder and he looked over, heart racing as he looked at Jaren and Smii7y, the two giving him looks of understanding. Matt stood behind them, also looking nervously excited.

Dooo looked at his friends, Blarg, Nelson, Grizzy, Chris and Puffer joining them. It'd been a long 5 years without their friend, having made sure to celebrate every birthday together and made sure the day he'd passed wasn't forgotten.

"Ready to get Eric back?" Jaren asked quietly and Dooo nodded, taking a deep breath. Marcel and Scotty approached, giving him a nod.

Dooo led the way to his house, that obsidian headstone still sparkling clean from where he'd wiped it down the day before. Was it only a day? So much had happened since Brock had followed him to the grave, it felt like a lifetime.

Dooo touched the stone, gazing at the guitar carving in the tree. "You're coming home, Eric, I promise," he whispered, feeling that warmth in his chest. He took a deep breath and turned to face everyone, looking at Marcel and Scotty who'd gone to the flower by the window.

Scotty pulled it free, shaking the dirt off and slipping it into the bottle Marcel was holding. That red flash shone brightly a moment before fading, Scotty holding it out to Dooo. Marcel handed him the amulet, Dooo holding both of them terrified.

Jaren and Matt went to stand by his sides, Matt's eyes on the potion. "Take it fast, facing the stone. You'll have to get the amulet on him as soon as possible," Marcel reminded him and he nodded, taking a breath and turning to face the headstone.

His eyes focused on that carving in the tree, a warm pulse in his chest soothing him. He quickly drank the potion, shuddering at the taste before hissing at the sudden fire in his chest.

He fell to his hands and knees at the fire exploded from him, shooting to the gravestone. The obsidian shattered down the middle, a blue shimmering veil appearing. Dooo flinched back at the sudden burst of light, a figure falling to the ground in front of him.

He crawled forward, body shaking as he slipped the amulet over Eric's head, resting it against his skin. Eric gasped, body shaking as his eyes shot open to look at Dooo.

Dooo swallowed, heart pounding. "Eric?" He whispered and he nodded slowly, looking around wide eyed a moment before returning to Dooo.

"Dooo?" He said shakily and the double nodded, feeling tears build up. "What happened? Who- who are these? Why-" He cut off a moment as Dooo stood up shakily, pulling the other to his feet.

Eric hadn't changed a day, and Dooo realised he was now 5 years younger than himself. "We beat the dragon, Eric, 5 years ago," he whispered and Eric's eyes widened, mouth falling open.

"5- 5 years?" He whispered and Dooo nodded, the guilt he was feeling overwhelming. "It's been 5 years. We got home, and these guys were brought here. They found Jaren's journals and managed to get home, but also managed to find a way back here. One of their guys lost their double and he found out how to bring you back," he said quietly and Eric's eyes landed on Jaren and their friends.

Matt was crying, hands twisting together. Eric held his arms out and Matt rushed forward, diving into his hold. "I've missed you so fucking much," Matt mumbled, clinging to Eric tightly.

Dooo glanced at Jaren and Blarg surprised, having not realised the two were so close. Blarg just shrugged, face impassive though a smug fondness shone in his eyes.