Happy Birthday

Our trio spent the summer on the road, through the United States in search of a werewolf, it was extremely long and deadly boredom.

Woke up this morning in my hotel room, next to the one Klaus and Stefan were using. I was happy to see that the sun was much higher than when Nik usually comes knocking on my door. Surprisingly, I looked at the time on my watch, it was 9 o'clock in the morning, I also noted the date: 15 July. Probably explains why neither Klaus nor Stefan came to wake me up. I dressed up and put an insincere smile on my face although I cried the day before and I would have liked to be elsewhere as well as in the company of other people.

Again, I would pretend that everything is fine, after all I was using this denial technique even before I became a vampire. With time, I could even sometimes forget my problems and focus on other things. I know that denial is not healthy, but it is far less dark than the sad reality that no one wants to hear when asked how things are going. It was mainly through dance that I managed to manage the wounds of my soul. After all, art isn't always about pretty things, it's therapy, it's about who we are, what happened to us and how our lives have been affected.

Forgetting my little emotional introspection, I went out and knocked on the door next door. Stefan opened and let me in. He informed me that Klaus had left the hotel early and that he had not said when he was coming back.

Seriously, happy birthday to myself.

So I decided to leave the hotel to go to the beach that was at the end of the street. We decided to take advantage of the opportunity that was in Florida for a swim. After more than half an hour in the water, I went to lie in the sun on my towel.

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
'Cross the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you

I looked at the display of my phone "The Alpha '' as well as an image of Hades from the Disney movie Hercule was visible on the screen.

"Good morning, you too, Nik." Let me answer this.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" he asked, shouting aloud.

"At the beach, by the way my GPS location is activated, you can find me without difficulty." I answered him without giving him time to answer, I hung up.

It took ten minutes for the two men to reach me, Niklaus sat next to me.

Klaus: "Sorry for yelling, Love."

Stefan, still standing, seemed not to know where to stand. Nik handed me a little black box with a purple ribbon. He had not forgotten. I smile at him, I open the box. A beautiful silver necklace with a butterfly pendant.